ASAP Talent is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in North America. Our recruiting team supports larger companies that run SAP and also work/recruit in areas such as Cyber Security, SOX Compliance, and Risk Management. We've been engaged by a well-known client based in the Seattle, WA market to help recruit and hire a tenured expert and demonstrated leader in the area of SOX compliance.
This is a full-time corporate role with an enhanced quality of life (much lower travel) for someone looking to grow into a Corporate Leadership role from Big 4 Public Accounting. We can help with Relocation Assistance if needed.
Location: Seattle, WA
Target Compensation: $100,000 - $140,000+ (DOE) and great overall package and benefits, etc.
- Oversee the development of the annual SOX plan and risk assessment process and communicate the results to SOX stakeholders, including the SOX steering committee, finance, IT and project teams.
- Partner with company financial, operational and information technology groups to test control processes across the organization, with a focus on new transactions, significant changes or others areas of higher risk.
- Act as the key liaison to the company's external auditors on their annual audit or the company’s SOX program and lead a robust reliance strategy for the reliance work performed, a significant cost saving strategy.
- Drive control optimization and automation opportunities, data analytics and process improvements.
- Stay current on key developments of the internal audit profession such as evolving audit techniques and practices, and pronouncements by the FASB, IIA, PCAOB, COSO and other regulatory bodies.
- Manage a diverse team, including full-time employees and co-source contractors to execute the annual SOX plan, design and operational effectiveness testing and other SOX-related projects.
- Knowledge of SAP financial systems and/or common utility applications.
- Prior experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Experience in the utilities or energy industry and/or understanding of current and evolving trends.
- Direct experience with company accounting systems, operations, policies and procedures and system implementations.
The ideal candidate would have management experience at a variety of companies or has experience relevant to public accounting or IT audit, especially with the Big 4 accounting firms.
The SOX Program Manager role is someone with experience in managing/leading external audit, knowledgeable about GAAP and PCAOB requirements, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence SOX stakeholders and the ability to learn quickly!
Keywords: Seattle, Pacific Northwest, OR, WA, Washington, SOX, Internal Controls, Tableau, PwC, Accenture, KPMG, Protiviti, Deloitte, IBM, E&Y, Ernst & Young, Sarbanes-Oxley, Compliance, Risk Management, GRC, SuccessFactors, SAP, Manager, Director, Program Manager, IT Audit, etc.