ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP focused search firm in the U.S. and our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged to recruit & hire a full-time SAP MM/WM Sr. Functional Analyst for one of our global clients.
Reports to SAP COE PP/MM Manager
Location: Pittsburgh OR Remote located in any major city East of Chicago (East Coast)
The SAP MM/WM Analyst is responsible for day-to-day problem resolution and support for the SAP system and to users throughout the global enterprise system. S/he will be responsible for carrying out the application vision and strategy that aligns with Global SAP team goals and objectives.
This position requires the ability to manage and work multiple initiatives simultaneously and effectively communicate with users. This position also requires competent hands-on ability in their area of expertise.
In addition to resolving SAP-related help desk tickets, the SAP MM/WM Analyst may also assist in implementing new functionality, enhancements, and take part in maintenance activities.
- Support the design of “best practices” business processes that properly and efficiently utilize the existing SAP functionality throughout the company.
- Support Master Data governance process within their area of SAP Functional responsibility.
- This position will support an organization that is a combination of internal employees and multiple partnerships with global systems vendors.
- Provide on-going day-to-day problem resolution and support for the SAP user community
- Take part in configuring and documenting solutions that deviate from the global process template
- Regression testing
- Clear understanding of vendor master data management – the homogeneity of master data, its impact on business and on master data management policy, and the ability to develop master data migration tools.
- 5+ years of SAP ECC 6.0 experience in MM, including material requirements planning and the integration with Logistics and Sales processes
- Cross-functional experience in MM and WM to understand configuration set-up and data processing
- Knowledge of different procurement processes, including direct, indirect, third party, sub-contracting, stock transport orders, stock transfers, account assigned POs, asset procurement, consignment etc.
- Configuration knowledge of CIM tax requirements
- Good experience in extending material masters to warehouse management
- Understanding of RF technology and devices, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Ten years’ IT related experience with five years of SAP Functional experience, including functional analysis, design, configuration in MM, WM (HUM, SUM, Purchasing, P2P, etc)
- Periodic travel may be required
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Knowledge of IT governance, operations, and security practices
- English language competency