ASAP Talent Services is the nation's leading SAP Focused Search Firm. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a Global Client (Chemical Manufacturing) to recruit & hire a talented Sr. SAP Basis Administrator in their Houston Based Offices. This is a full-time corporate and lower travel Sr. SAP Basis Admin role in a cutting-edge SAP S/4 HANA and Cloud environment!
If you're in Houston and interested to take your SAP Basis career to the next level, we'd welcome an opportunity to speak with you further.
Opportunity Profile: Sr. SAP Basis Administrator&Coordinator
- Maintains the life-cycle management of SAP systems, in a cloud environment, including but not limited to S/4 HANA, GTS, BW on HANA, BI/Lumira, TREX, OpenText, SAP ArchiveLink, Vertex, Fiori Frontend Server, NetWeaver AS Java, NetWeaver Portal, NetWeaver PI/PO. Solution Manager 7.2, SAP Web Dispatcher, SAP Frontend Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies standard SAP principles, concepts and techniques in system installation, monitoring performance, problem diagnosis and resolution. Demonstrates excellent tactical approaches that also reflect the strategic perspective of the organization.
- Coordinates all aspects of the systems listed above. This may include system installation, upgrades and application of patches (OSS notes, support packages, add-ons). Supports the technical implementation of the SAP system landscape as it evolves (i.e., development, test, staging and production).
- Coordinates and holds accountable S4/HANA hosting partner and other partners and developers, aiming for timeliness in execution, excellence in quality, and reasonable costs.
- Keeps abreast of functional features /options/opportunities and works with business to execute related projects.
- Educates business personnel on new features/functionality and works with learning center personnel to develop new training materials.
- Coordinates and/or Performs system refreshes; participate in the scheduling of refreshes as requested.
- Monitors and tunes performance and workflow.
- High level of proficiency in SAP Solution Manager configuration and administration of ChaRM/QGM/Retrofit, CTS+, Technical Monitoring, Process Management, Business Process Monitoring, SEA, BPCA.
- Works with team to establish continuous improvement maintenance across all systems.
- Coordinates post system copy and/or system refresh verification and post steps with functional teams.
- Manages the SAP system landscape, including the Transport Management System and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates system maintenance, printer configuration, and upgrades as needed, including backups and restores
- Test management tools, installation, test & defect management setup, integration with HP ALM.
- Coordinates with business and executes project creation, business blueprints, realization, final preparation, and go live support.
- Extensive documentation of processes for the internal team on Microsoft SharePoint or any wiki platforms or Guided Procedure Authoring (GPA) in Solution Manager.
- Capacity planning and Performance Tuning
- Administers of SAP ArchiveLink and Information Lifecycle Management
- Administers Three-Tier security (Fiori, Back-end and database); manage policies & procedures; execute security approved requests; ensure compliance
- Provide documents of evidence to internal and external auditors for audits which have the SAP landscape and JSOX in scope
- Manage KPIs to measure third-party hosting teams’ performance to SLA and regular account review conference calls
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Advanced degrees and certifications a plus.
- At least five years of experience as an SAP Basis Administrator required. 7+ years Basis Exp is desired.
- Experience with SAP in a Microsoft Windows environment running on MS-SQL
- Experience with SAP HANA is required.
- Experience with EnableNow training module is desired.
- Experience with OpenText administration is highly desired.
- Experience with VMware is highly desired for both ESXi and Horizon environments.
- Experience building SAP systems on cloud infrastructure; defining ip address, DNS and server hostname and instance parameter setup.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio diagrams with technical design specification document for flow diagrams.
- Experience with system optimization using both SAP Early Watch Reports and SAP Services.
- Experience working with internal and external auditors; gathering and producing required documentation and verbally articulating measures for auditing points.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/ Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Solid understanding of SAP three-tier architecture design as it relates to scalability, availability, and performance.
- Solid understanding of relational database theory preferred, including familiarity with MS SQL database structures; solid understanding of programming concepts, including familiarity with SQL programming.
- Knowledge of underlying infrastructure components; high availability, disaster recovery, and network load balancing technologies
- Expertise with data extraction and transfer tool, such as SAP TDMS or equivalent tools.
- Expertise developing automation scripts or programs to automate routine systems operations and administration tasks.Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC servers, workstations and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, word processing, spreadsheets, ERP, MES, PLM and CRM applications
- Equal Opportunity Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.