ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in the U.S. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been helping SAP Professionals accelerate their careers for over 20 years. We've been retained by a well known Consumer Packaged Goods client in Georgia to recruit & hire a Sr. Business Relationship Manager - Supply Chain (this is a high-impact IT Leadership Role).
Position Title:.................................... Senior Strategic Business Partner – Supply Chain
Major Department:.......................... Information Technology
Report To:........................................ Director Strategic Business Partner Group – Supply Chain
The Senior Strategic Business Partner works as the strategic interface with the supply chain department for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, technology roadmap co-development, solution discovery, and relationship management. Serves as the relationship linkage between the business and IT. This individual provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key IT initiatives.
This position proactively serves as a "trusted advisor," and functions as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders. He/she represents IT to the business by promoting the department’s vision, value, services, and capabilities. In addition, this position acts as an advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet business priorities and needs.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
- Serves as business liaison to facilitate and build relationships with and among internal IT teams and the sales and marketing teams. Escalation contact for IT and business stakeholders.
- Works with the business process owner, executive sponsor, business subject matter experts and others as necessary to determine the future state of a specific business capability.
- Works with business unit and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solutions required to meet business goals.
- Develops business requirements necessary for project execution.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with business partners to improve business capabilities and develop technology roadmaps
- Ensures that business capabilities and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs.
- Collaborates with other IT Business Partners, business unit and IT senior/middle management to ensure corporate, business unit and IT objectives are aligned and being met.
- Collaborates with IT peers in enterprise architecture, solution architecture, development, project management, business intelligence, performance management, and other disciplines regarding the common theme of business performance improvement.
- Performs continuous reviews to align capabilities (for example, models, goals and expectations) with changing business conditions for a given business process or functional area.
- Mentors other IT Business Partners on relationship management, strategic planning, project management and technology roadmap development.
- Recommends options, conducts cost-benefit analysis, and develops the business case for services.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions.
- Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
- Oversees business leadership priorities of IT services and requests.
- Manages stakeholders' perceptions with IT services.
- Negotiates service-level agreements between the business and IT. Ensures service level targets are met. Provides IT performance reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually, as needed) to the business.
- Ensures stakeholder's expectations are met and identifies and resolves disconnects.
- Supports stakeholders during user acceptance testing.
- Works to understand any pain points within the business area to facilitate problem-solving and issue escalation. Including communication of status and resolution.
- Supports the IT Communications Strategy and delivers key messages to business area executive leadership.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including, but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
The Senior Strategic Business Partner – Supply Chain must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
The Senior Strategic Business Partner – Supply Chain must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Demonstrated breadth and in-depth knowledge of CPG/Food/Beverage Type supply chain business processes.
- Solid understanding of current and planned architecture, platforms and solutions that support the supply chain business functions.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technology directions and strategic application to supply chain business needs.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
The following experience is considered essential:
- Seven (7) years’ experience in the Baked Foods, DSD, or Consumer Packaged Foods field, and/or the Information Technology field and three (3) years of strategic planning experience that leverages technology such as SAP (ERP), MRP, etc.
- Experience with writing requirements documents, gap analysis, business case, and collaboration on RFI/RFP documents.
- Knowledge of multiple SAP system modules and related business functions, project management experience, and a working knowledge of the Systems Development Methodologies is preferred.
KeyWords: SAP, SCM, Supply Chain, MM, PP, APO, Demand Planning, Schedule-to-Produce, Plan-to-Make, Manufacturing, Distribution Centers, DC, Georgia, Atlanta, Florida, FL, SE, Southeast, Southeastern, CPG, Consumer Goods Manufacturing, Food, Beverage, IBP, WM, IM, PP-PI, Process Industries, etc.