ASAP Talent Services is a leading SAP-focused search firm and is helping a client in Houston, TX recruit & hire a talented Sr. SAP SD/OTC Functional Analyst - if you have 6-8+ years in SAP SD, Shipping, Billing, Pricing, Logistics, Order-to-Cash and 1+ in S/4 HANA - we'd really like to speak with you.
The role is hybrid but does need to come into the Houston office a few days per week. Great fit for someone located in West or SW Houston - Katy, Tomball, Sugarland, or near Energy Corridor and I-10 west of 610 or Beltway 8.
The SAP OTC & PTP Lead is a hands-on role that will provide SAP Functional design leadership and direction as a part of the newly formed SAP Center of Excellence (COE) within the Information Technology organization. This position will help lead the functional / solution architecture and design of a newly implemented SAP S4/Hana system in the areas of OTC (Order to Cash) and PTP (Procure to Pay) - 2 roles; 1 is SD/OTC and 1 is P2P.
The person in this position is required to work with the business sales, distribution, warranty and operational teams, the AMS (Application Managed Services) team, as well as the other SAP functional leads in the SAP COE to ensure that the functional design and configuration in the areas of VMS, Material Management, Variant Configuration, Sales and Distribution, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Plant maintenance align with SAP best practices and documentation compliance and can support the operational requirements of the business. This SAP Functional Lead will be supporting (from an OTC/PTP perspective) a new SAP S/4HANA implementation within the automotive industry within a high-volume supply chain operation.
The person in this position will proactively work with the AMS partner, business and technical teams to resolve and reduce identified defects and changes required. The SAP Functional Lead should be able to make changes to or guide the efforts to customize existing programs or add new programs to existing platforms. The SAP Functional Lead would also help in the organizational change management around the use of SAP software.
- Facilitate, gather and analyze business requirements and translate into SAP application requirements for the business. This should include analysis of current needs, anticipate future needs and provide solutions that integrate well with the various business operations that are a part of the SAP ecosystem.
- Design and implement SAP solutions, with others on the SAP project team, to address these business requirements. These should be integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business needs.
- Provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking, and problem resolution.
- Research production problems and/or enhancement issues and make appropriate changes to the system. Initiate action and evaluate issues to develop alternative solutions. Apply expert knowledge and experience to resolve problems.
- Key member of the SAP team responsible for the functional design of WRICEFs for the sales and distribution functional area.
- Support the development team to define and document solution architecture as part of a new initiative or enhancement.
- Recognized leader within the team, expert in SAP OTC & PTP sales and distribution domain in place at the company, including warranty knowledge.
- Good understanding of SAP SD (Sales & Distribution) & FI-AR integration and have experience working on SD and FI integration setting up the account determination procedure to support in monitoring and handling payments into various account receivables (AR)
- Research new knowledge and collaborate on solutions for the SAP environment.
- Good knowledge of SAP releases and patches, including applying OSS notes.
- Collaborate and provide excellent customer service to end users by working closely with the Architecture, Functional, Development, BASIS, and Security teams and AMS teams, to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Has senior / leadership understanding and influence (decision scope) with business customers
- Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties and SAP operational areas
- Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized; able to organize and assimilate large quantities of complex information
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree with 10+ plus years of experience in the field or in a related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SAP ERP implementation projects of moderate to high complexity and their post go-live support, SAP S/4 Hana a plus.
- 8 + years of configuration expertise in the areas of OTC and PTP with familiarity in SAP warranty and manufacturing configuration and processes (VC, SM, CS, Warranty & Repair, MRO, etc).
- 8 + years of experience in preparing Process and Functional Design documents, along with strong acumen to understand, translate and map business processes in SAP.
- Order to Cash (OTC, Order Fulfillment, S&OP) is the primary role and experience required, but knowledge and experience in Procure to Pay as well, including Ariba, is preferred.
- Passion and desire to adhere to out-of-box SAP functionality and drive for standardization.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Manages complexity and works collaboratively in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems
- Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- A problem-solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
- A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority.
- Strong capability to provide Business Insight
- Strong ability to influence organization stakeholders