ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in North America and our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a well-known Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG/Food/Beverage) client in Georgia to recruit & hire a SAP Release Manager. This is a full-time role and would most likely involve relocation for the majority of people.
**Qualified Applicants MUST be open to RELOCATION**
Location: Georgia (a smaller market - NOT Atlanta); Relocation Assistance (yes)
Lead matrixed teams and activities for all core project, program and operational work for corporate SAP systems, from release planning and execution through to support for 3-4 Business Releases per year. Contribute to the IT leadership strategic plan. Develop processes for management development of roadmap within the CoE and across IT and the business enterprise-wide.
Responsible for creating and supporting SAP and related solutions Business Releases. These projects will include SAP ECC, TPM and BI and cloud integration brokerage. Scope of responsibilities will also include project management and program management across SAP solutions and SAP related solutions for Business Releases. This role will include CoE operational tracking and reporting as well as supporting operational initiatives such as SharePoint design and implementation management.
The incumbent will also lead Co-initiatives related to IT compliance.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
The Manager, SAP Business Release Solutions and Services will oversee activities that optimize value, cost and risk of CoE projects and programs:
- Build shared strategic processes and systems roadmaps across IT and key business areas
- Lead and report on core operational activities, including monthly and quarterly release planning and execution
- As appropriate, lead Incident/Problem Management activities as they occur
- Participate in IT management and leadership initiatives as required and support CoE Directors
- Liaise with key business leaders on process and change priorities for major functional areas related to Business Releases
- Develop productive relationships across the CoE and with the Flowers business to influence how CoE business solutions including SAP solutions can enable new sources of value.
- Execute methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, etc) and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Seek out continuous improvement opportunities and provide input and recommendations.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including, but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
The Manager, SAP Business Release Solutions and Services must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with functional/technical staff, business stakeholders and IT management and staff.
- Proven ability to communicate design and methodology concepts to non-experts to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
- Excellent writing proficiency, visual design, and presentation skills required.
- High degree of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
The Manager, SAP Business Release Solutions and Services must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience/exposure to one or more SAP solutions (ECC, S/4 HANA, ARIBA, Hybris, BusinessObjects, SuccessFactors, etc).
- PMP, CISA or CISM certification preferred
- Familiarity with all phases of an SAP implementation project; Blueprint phase, architecture, configuration, testing, training and go-live
- Ability to work across teams to resolve complex problems as they arise during the implementation with minimal impact to schedule and project scope.
- Excellent Communication, listening and speaking skills, written and verbal at all levels
- Excellent business judgment on risk, controls, planning and key decisions
- Ability to develop strategies, plans, portfolio sequencing and budgets to drive change and ability to roll-up cross-project financials.
- Industry trends, best practices especially with respect to the CPG industry with a Direct Store and Warehouse Delivery business model.
- IT operations, service and support organizations.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
Experience / Profile
The following experience is considered essential:
- At least 7years of progressive experience in SAP application design, development, quality assurance and implementation processes including project audits and risk management in North America.
- At least 5years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers, services providers and/or business clients.
- Experience negotiating, collaborating and providing guidance with customers and service providers is essential.
- Experience integrating end-to-end processes inclusive of a controls and risk framework.
- Experience and proven track record reporting into and working with Directors and above.
- Experience integrating SAP solutions into a broad array of non-legacy technologies and architectures.
An undergraduate bachelors or post-graduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related degree is required.