ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in North America. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged to help a client recruit & hire a SAP Project Manager. This is a full-time corporate role based in Baltimore, MD Area.
SAP Senior Project Manager
Our client is currently seeking a Senior SAP Project Manager to join their in-house ERP project team. You will be responsible for managing the SAP S/4 HANA deployment and implementations enterprise-wide. Location is Hunt Valley, MD. This role will be responsible for managing the Corporate SAP Project resources, budgets, and project plan as well as leading the Consulting Company Project Manager, Business Project Manager and the IT Project Manager.
This project will be implementing core SAP functionality for Finance (Record-to-Report), Order Management (Quote-to-Cash), Manufacturing (Light Manufacturing and Assembly) and Procurement (Plan-to-Pay). Our client is moving from a 30-year old Legacy ERP with multiple Best-of-Breed systems to augment missing functionality to SAP HANA S/4 as our ERP.
Post-Go-Live this role will be responsible for driving projects related to optimizing our Landscape around the SAP ERP.
- Project Planning, Scoping and Design.
- Financial and Contractual Management.
- Risk/Issue Management.
- Quality and Change Management.
Client Relationship Management.
- Project Closure.
- Sound SAP knowledge and experience.
- Major contributor to progress the SAP solution, making key design and delivery decisions and seen as leader of the team.
- Ability to perform hands-on management to supplement work stream leads.
- Delivery of project design and solution.
- Delivery of projects within timescales and budgets.
- Identification, analysis and mitigation or escalation of potential risks and issues.
- Ensuring quality of project deliverables and management of quality issues.
- Successful management of change within Client organizations.
- Maintaining all necessary communication lines within project teams and Client organizations.
- Achieving successful business sign off and handover to post-implementation support function.
- Definition of project deliverables and scope.
- Setup and maintenance of risk and issue management policies and procedures.
- Resource scheduling and allocation.
- Setting up and running of review/status meetings with project team, client sponsors and steering committees.
- Manage SAP solution integration.
- Contributing to SAP design and solution – making design and approach decisions, lead the solution implementation at a detailed level.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall SAP experience with business / functional experience in Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Distribution.
- Minimum of 5 years leading SAP ERP implementation projects. Multiple (3+) Full-Lifecycle Implementations of SAP ERP – at least 1 HANA S/4 Implementation preferred.
- Experience managing an SAP Project implementing Financial, Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, and Manufacturing modules.
- Experience with complex integrations into different Applications – eCommerce, Warehouse Management System, Product Information System, Demand Supply Planning, and Customer Relationship Management System – from different vendors is a must.
- Experience of SAP Activate methodology (or Similar SAP Implementation Methodologies) and Agile (SAFe) development methods.
- Builds immediate credibility with key stakeholders.
- Consumer Products, Manufacturing, or Wholesale Distribution experience is highly- preferred with Wholesale Distribution being the most preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- SAFe Certified.
- SAP Certifications.
- Our Client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law