POSITION: Business Systems Project Leader
Provides analysis, design, programming solutions, and support for SAP business systems in an efficient and economical manner consistent with user & business objectives.
Prioritizes projects, allocates resources and serves as an application specialist.
Plans and directs the installation and support of business systems projects involving multiple systems impacting multiple functional areas of the business.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- The Business Systems Project Leader reports directly to the Director of Applications, Business Systems.
- The Business Systems Project Leader completes the following essential functions within established policies, procedures, deadlines, and budget parameters.
- Provides work direction and leadership for business systems analysts, business leads, and external resources (i.e. part-time consultants, 3rd party vendors, etc.) to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget.
- Translates high-level business requirements into detailed function & process specifications considering input from business leads, process owners, functional department managers, and systems integration architects.
- Tracks and reports progress of projects to management. Participates in performance evaluations of team members.
- Actively participates on projects providing a broad level of technical expertise and business knowledge for the implementation & support of SAP to facilitate business functions throughout the company.
- Provides input for departmental budgeting and planning. Research and evaluate internal capabilities and external availability of systems solutions for new or changing business strategies.
- Analyzes SAP systems and programming applications, customizing & configuring third-party packages, to model business processes and to efficiently utilize computer resources with cost considerations.
- Provides critical problem resolution through effective thought process and time management; makes emergency fixes to applications software and advises power users and/or business leads on best practices.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 7 or more years of experience, emphasizing business applications.
- Demonstrated project management experience, along with configuration & programming knowledge in SAP ECC and/or SAP S/4HANA. SAP S/4HANA experience is a plus.
- Technical and/or Functional hands-on SAP experience in any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Sales & Distribution, Procurement, Human Resources, Transportation Management, FI, CO, SD, MM, HR, Successfactors, TM, Contracts, Pricing, Inventory, Production, ABAP, Interface Development, BOBJ, ETL, Dashboards, SAP BI.
- Experience with business intelligence and report writing platforms.
- Experience using 3rd Party tools / systems with SAP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills using the English language to translate business needs into application system changes to ensure successful business processes.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Plans and leads the installation and subsequent upgrades of SAP application systems projects.
- Develops project plans with time/cost estimates. Tracks, monitors & communicates project progress against project plans, requirements, quality measures, standard processes, and milestones.
- Directs and evaluates the work of project team members to ensure successful project implementations.
- Provides application expertise and continuing work direction and leadership to assigned teams of business systems analysts, systems integration architects, basis staff, business leads, and user groups.
- Configures/Programs SAP & third-party software applications to model business processes. Produces accurate & timely business reports utilizing understanding of database tables & data relationships. Ensures proper checks & balances are in place to maintain data integrity.
- Designs/Enhances/Programs applications when needed to achieve business process needed primarily using SAP tools but may involve other tools (i.e. SAS, CPLEX).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers at various levels and teams within the company.