SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Program Manager is responsible for delivery of large-scale moderate to high-risk programs, with multimillion-dollar cost impacts and multi-year delivery schedule. The programs may encompass multiple projects, cross-departmental interfaces, multiple technologies, geographies and assets. Individuals in this role work independently with some indirect supervision PMO Director or AVP, and may have either direct reports or matrixed subordinate team members. The role requires regular analytical and metrics-based reporting to other staff, Executive Committee, and stakeholders.
• Coordinate multiple project teams, vendors and assets to ensure timely and cost-effective sequencing and execution of critical path milestones across several inter-dependent projects.
• Establish Program Governance and Controls structures to enable effective escalation and decision-making processes.
• Cultivate collaborative partnership among stakeholders to enable scoping, financial and resource decisions.
• Identify, document and elevate cross-organizational and vendor-driven dependencies, and work with executives and peers across the organization to develop and implement appropriate dependency management processes.
• Identify and manage assessment of major changes to scope, schedule and budget through the appropriate Program and Enterprise governance approval mechanisms.
• Mentor and coach junior level Project Management staff and matrixed team members, and provide guidance on adherence to the Project Management practices.
• Work with senior leaders to contribute relevant data to support annual planning activities and sequence new working through the appropriate controls (Change Management, etc) mechanisms.
• Ensure that program financial performance and forecasting information is available and reportable for senior executives and government regulators.
• Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program execution and work across organization to establish and monitor mitigation plans.
• Develop and maintain required program management artifacts and ensure that all projects have appropriate project management artifacts and processes in accordance with Project Management standards and applicable regulations.
• Identify efficiencies and present recommended improvement opportunities at various levels of management.
• Build strong relationships within to understand the business challenges and opportunities.
• Cultivate partnership among executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders by establishing program governance structures such as steering committees, change control boards, program risk and quality management processes.
• Direct and supervise assigned project management, technical and operational resources to conduct detailed level planning overall program schedule and its milestone activities in accordance with the established scope, budget and schedule constraints, and in alignment with mission and the goals of the company.
• Identify, manage and mitigate inter-project and cross-organizational dependencies and risks by developing and implementing long-term goals and objectives and facilitating appropriate executive escalation and decision support processes.
• Develop, track and forecast annual budgets and operating plans to support the program.
• Provide performance reports and other relevant analytics on the program stakeholders.
• Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
• Ensure program adherence to the Program Management methods and governance standards.
• Strong project and program management skills.
• Superb communication and stakeholder management skills with focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service.
• Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project),
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience, or any combination of relevant education and experience.
• PMP certification.
• Must have work authorization in the United States.
• Graduate degree.
• Transportation industry background.
• PMP certification, Agile Methodology, SCRUM, Organizational Change Management, SAP/ERP
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.