Contract or Full-time/Permanent Consulting
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Length: 6 months with possibility of extension
Project: $5B company’s divestiture
Rate: flexible depending on skill level
The SAP MDG Consultant is responsible for leading the successful design and delivery of SAP Data Management solutions.
The data management consultant will define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes. This position provides leadership and oversight of the Data Governance objectives and policies, procedures.
- Hands-on experience leading data definitions development, data quality improvements, data model updates, and solving efforts of the analytics projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams comprised of client groups, project teams and IT organizations.
- Hands-on experience Identifying, assessing and solving complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience collaborating data with owners and users/analysts across the customer operations to modify or implement new repeatable and reliable businesses processes to improve and sustain effective data governance resulting in improved quality and consistency of data used to drive key business decisions.
- Experience working closely with Data Architects to ensure changes are appropriately synchronized with the metadata strategy and logical data model.
- Experience leading technical aspects of the delivery of SAP Business Intelligence (BI) solutions & related components, working across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition & systems architecture for the organization.
- Experience working with SAP FI/CO, MM, SD or PM and Master Data, required.
- 3 years of experience in Master data management with expertise in implementing SAP Master Data Governance (MDG).
- Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components preferred.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- At least 2 years experience with at least one of the major Data Management Solutions for SAP Data Migration (IBM InfoSphere Information Server, SAP Business Objects Data Services, Informatica ETL and Data Quality Suite, Back Office Associates Data migration Suite)
- At least 2 years experience with SAP ERP implementations
- Strong consulting skills paired with strong technical skills, to convey the value of an MDM solution to the client (pros/cons, challenges, requirements needed, etc.)
- Strong understanding or hands-on experience with data quality, data profiling and metadata management
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications and workflow and processes
- Travel 75% required (M-Th)