ASAP Talent is the nation's leading SAP-focused search firm. Our team of SAP Recruiters have been placing SAP professionals with many of the leading companies for 20 years! We look forward to helping you find your next dream role.
We've been engaged by a client in Wisconsin to help recruit & hire a talented SAP BI Manager. Ideally the person in this role would be in WI, MN, or IL and could work from home-office but go into the office regularly as needed. Best locations: Madison, WI; Beloit; Rockford, IL; Twin Cities or Milwaukee.
Summary of Role
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for managing, supporting, and providing leadership to Business Intelligence (BI) Team, collaborating with other IT teams, and communicating across the business to understand the needs of the coop to then develop solutions that provide actionable insights. Responsibilities include BI team development, definition and execution of BI strategy, planning and managing projects and requests, creating and implementing department processes, and working with others to ensure the team is prioritizing and delivering solutions that meet the business needs in a timely, efficient, accurate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, participates and oversees the activities of the BI function with overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, processes, and staff.
- Manages staff to ensure all administration functions are performed for all systems within the BI team responsibility.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork with others to foster motivation, increased productivity, and ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Accountable for Corporate BI strategy.
- Contributor to Corporate Data and Analytics strategy.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of standards, procedures and methodologies for effective operation of Business Intelligence needs.
- Participates in the technical evaluation of new technology and makes recommendations to address business solutions.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to staff regarding the data architecture, technical design, and usage of data access and BI environments.
- Provides elicitation, requirements management, stakeholder management, and customer service coaching to BI team for BI services.
- Leads the cooperative-wide adoption of data-driven decision-making and the use of analytics.
- Accountable for coordinating with the IT Security Manager to ensure that the administration of data integrity, security and archiving processes ensuring compliance with Confidential and Proprietary Information policy in all data warehouses enterprise-wide.
- Accountable for expert consulting to business departments to define BI data definitions, validation requirements, functionality, and presentation needs.
- Works as a consultant to business departments to define data requirements for reporting and application systems.
- Collaborates with managers/directors across the business to understand BI needs and pain points, manage and prioritize work to address those needs.
- Establish an Analytics Advocacy program.
- Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensures compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have 7+ years of diversified IT experience including experience leading a Business Intelligence team.
- Requires strong management skills, problem-solving skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of database architectures and data management processes and methodologies.
- Requires experience with BI tools and business analytics.
- Requires knowledge of ETL/ELT and Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Requires experience building strong and effective teams.
- Requires ability to champion change management with team members and business management.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefer formal Information Systems education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Prefer experience with SAP S/4 and SAP BI solutions such as SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, SAP Business Objects, SAP BW4HANA, SAP Embedded Analytics
Keywords: WI, Wisconsin, MN, SAC, BOBJ, SAP BW, SAP BI, Tableau, EDW, ETL, KPI, Cockpit.