ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in the U.S. and North American market. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a corporate client to help recruit & hire a Sr. SAP Functional Manager. The person in this role will have a great opportunity to grow over time into the Director role at the company!
Location: North of Atlanta (within commute distance of Kennesaw or Marietta, GA)
Job Title: Business Applications Manager (SAP)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Sr Director, Global Applications
Manage the support and process improvements for all SAP systems within the Information Technology Department. This position will work closely with Business Process Managers to ensure alignment between technology and the business. This role is responsible for effectively managing enhancements, requests and incidents for the business units by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Lead an SAP Programming/Configuration team to provide outstanding support to our businesses and continually improve on the ability of SAP to support business processes. This responsibility spans all Mannington SAP Modules (ECC 6.0, APO, Integration to SFDC and other 3rd Party software). In-depth knowledge of SAP Configuration in the following - SD, PP, LE, WM, FI, CO, APO.
• Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of the Mannington SAP Blueprint. This includes the identification, execution and support of technology strategies and process improvement initiatives to improve operational process efficiency.
• Work with Business Process leads to continually improve and optimize business processes
• Work with the Business Directors and Managers to create, implement and monitor a sustainable education program for new implementations and for on-boarding SAP users.
• Setup and maintain processing metrics to proactively provide support and training to the business to improve efficiency and effectiveness through SAP
• Monitor Service Delivery metrics and work to identify and act on areas for service improvements
• Ensure system changes are guided by principles of simplicity and standard SA
• Work with the Program Management team to identify areas for improvement and to ensure proper transition of new functionality from projects into a sustainable support model.
• Support the effective use of SAP by leveraging Super Users in the business
• Liaise with:
- IT Leadership
- Business Process Owners (Commercial and Residential0
- SAP Technical Services
• Manage the SAP Applications Development team supporting following SAP Modules- SD, PP, LE, WM, FI, CO, APO.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on resolving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to
meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to
build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds
commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work
independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of a BS Degree in Information Systems or a relevant field
• At least 10 years IT or equivalent business experience, including at least 5 years SAP experience
• Minimum 7 years related business operations and/or process improvement experience
• At least 5 years of experience leading a multi-disciplined SAP team
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization. Must be able to interpret mechanical, architectural and electrical drawings and schematics.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Skilled at driving effective change
• Strong leadership and demonstrated experience influencing change outside of span of control or authority
• Deep SAP domain knowledge
• Respect of his/her peer group and end-user community for his/her SAP knowledge and skills
• Excellent team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate discussions, engage participants in collaboration, lead group to consensus, drive
meetings forward while effectively handling conflicting opinions
• Experience with conducting presentations and training
• Ability to raise relevant issues, drive for solution, and make decisions under time constraints
• Strong ability to train and/or coach others
• May require 25% travel to plants within the US.
Keywords: SAP, ERP, Enterprise Applications, ECC 6.0, SAP S/4 HANA, SCM, Supply Chain, MM, PP, WM, Inventory, Warehouse, Production Planning, APO, ATP, Demand Planning, DP, SNP, Supply Network Planning, Available-to-Promise, Repetitive Manufacturing, Discrete manufacturing, Schedule-to-Produce, S2P, Procure-to-Pay, P2P, PTP, Georgia, GA, Atlanta, Chattanooga, TN, Tennessee.