ASAP Talent Services is one of the leading SAP Focused search firms in North America. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been introducing some of the best SAP Professionals with industry-leading companies for over 18 years now! If you're a strong SAP Professional looking to take your career to the next level, our team would enjoy speaking with you about some of the opportunities with our clients. Our SAP team has been engaged by a global client to help recruit & hire a SAP FI/CO Functional Analyst. Our client has undertaken an enterprise-wide digital transformation to harmonize the disparate operations of multiple international business units into one global, common system. Our global, simple, standard and modern business model is being constructed using agile design principles powered by SAP and S/4 HANA!
The SAP IT Analyst leads and/or executes the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP solutions supporting the Global Finance organization. Specifically, the SAP IT analyst will deliver and support solutions related to General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Product Costing, Material Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, and Financial Planning. The IT Analyst works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and related challenges – then recommends, builds and implements one or more IT software solutions to support the processes. The IT Analyst spends roughly 20% of their time working directly with their business partners (e.g. controller, finance manager) supporting the day-to-day operations of the record-to-report business processes.
This role requires strong technical skills, an interest/passion in understanding and improving financial business processes and good communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements; document end-to-end processes related IT systems and functional business requirements (include people, process and technology etc.).
- Translate functional business requirements into logical and physical design specifications; lead design reviews.
- Configure/develop and unit test elements of system design.
- Define and document re-usable test cases; build test objects and data as needed; participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Set schedules, timelines, scope, outcome/value maps, and other project artifacts.
- Create estimates for upcoming projects.
- Perform 24X7 on-call applications support responsibilities per the team rotation schedule.
Ten or more years of information technology or related experience supporting Finance business systems. Minimum of 5 years SAP experience.
- Degree in Information Technology, Financial Accounting, or similar.
- Key competencies required:
- Business acumen and global finance process competency
- Strong SAP knowledge of the FI/CO module and related integration with MM, PP, PM and SD
- Working knowledge of other SAP modules (e.g. SD, MM, PP, PM, BI, etc.)
- SAP FI/CO Configuration (ECC 6.0 or S/4 HANA): AP, AR, GL, SPL, Fixed Assets, CCA, PCA, CO-PA, CO-PC, etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP ABAP, user-exits, customer mods, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of system development life-cycle
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Product Costing exp is high on the wish-list!