ASAP Talent is the leading SAP-focused search firm and is headquartered in Houston, TX. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a well-known and industry-leading company in Houston, TX to help recruit & hire a talented Sr. SAP BW Developer (SAP BI Lead / Architect).
This is a FTE corporate role in Houston - perfect for someone living in West or SW Houston - Katy, Sugarland, or near Energy Corridor (I-10 on SW side of Houston).
The Sr. SAP Data Engineer is a member of the Data Science and Analytics Team who is responsible for the execution of corporate Reporting and Analytics strategy. This Sr. SAP Data Engineer is involved in all phases of the analytic projects, from requirements gathering, data architecture, integration guidance, development, and support artifacts.
This Sr. SAP Data Engineer will support SAP BW/HANA design and development efforts. The ideal candidate has the ability to mentor and coach internal and external resources in maintainable development practices and code reviews. This person will demonstrate an ability to manage complex, high-quantity and potentially contradictory information to effectively solve problems, applies knowledge of the business to advance organizational goals, and intuitively navigates
complex policy, people and process-related organizational dynamics.
• Collaborate with Business and IT Functional experts to understand business requirements or issues, perform gap analysis in the SAP BW/4 HANA environment and recommend/implement process and/or technology improvements to optimize current reporting environment.
• Hands-on expertise in data architecture, modeling, integration, quality, security and BI/Analytics capabilities with BW/4 HANA development objects and integrations end-to-end.
• Gather requirements and create Functional Design/Technical Design specifications.
• Project life-cycle leadership and support for Design, Development, System integration/UAT cycles and Prod Cutover, Post-Go live support, and Environment strategy.
• SAP Functional knowledge of Sales and Distribution, Procurement, Materials Management, Production Planning, and Finance AP/AR/GL and SAP VMS (helpful) for Analytics
• Strong experience in HANA studio and HANA Development.
• Responsible for performance tuning of BW/4HANA utilizing best practices, in collaboration with other IT teams.
• BW/4HANA object development expertise, BW ABAP Coding/Routines, BW Web Cockpit/Monitoring, Process Chains, Content installs, Data Tiering Optimization, Transports and issues analysis/resolution, SAP support messages
• BW Support Pack upgrades/Post install Steps, OSS note analysis/application.
• S/4HANA Embedded Analytics, CDS View Development, Extractor development/ODP
• SAP Data Services knowledge, SAP & Non-SAP Systems integration with BW.
• Execution of POCs for analytic tools.
• Leads and executes incidents resolution, the delivery of minor/monthly and major SAP BI/BW enhancement release cycles, and small projects.
• Facilitates release scoping, design, build, test, change control, documentation and deployment activities with internal and external project and operations teams, business stakeholders, shared services and compliance teams.
• Executes business user communication regarding release scope and deployment timelines.
• Ensures appropriate risk resolution and mitigation for SAP BI/BW platforms as issues are identified.
• Ensures no disruption to business operations upon deployment of SAP BI/BW releases to production systems.
• Must have deep technical expertise in multiple SAP BI suite of products, especially BW, HANA, BOBJ, BODS, SAC.
• Actively researches and develops new knowledge and collaborates on solutions.
• Develops, designs and implements integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues.
• Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties or projects.
• Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
• Works with minimal supervision and self-driven
• Highly organized; able to organize and assimilate large quantities of complex information.
• Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
• Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university with 8 years of in-depth hands-on experience in SAP BI/BW/HANA platform; or possesses an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• At least 4 years of experience in SAP BW/4HANA or BW on HANA, 4 years in SAP BW/BI versions including ETL and reporting tools, and 2 years in native HANA modeling.
• Full SAP BI lifecycle Experience (Data Modeling to Reporting) with at least 3 end-to-end implementation projects as a Sr. SAP BW/HANA developer.
• Hands-on experience working with BW/4 HANA features, standard and custom SAP BW Extractors, complex transformations, advanced DSOs, composite providers, Data Tiering Optimization, exposing BW models as HANA views, mixed (hybrid) scenarios, HANA Analysis process in BW and LSA ++ best practice, data quality, security and performance optimization concepts.
• Advanced knowledge and Hands-on of SAP BW/4HANA & S/4HANA tools for data analytics, visualizations, reporting etc..
• Advanced knowledge and Hands-on of Data Modeling in SAP Analytics. Ability to assimilate requirements into conceptual/logical data models across information management solutions (relational, Dimensional/Columnar, document)
• Hands-on Experience in BW/4 HANA, S/4, with SAP HANA 2.0 data modelling, and reporting/visualization.
• Hands on experience in BW/4HANA, creating Advanced DSO(ADSO), Open DSO Views, Calculation views, Composite Providers and SAP query.
• Advanced knowledge and extensive experience in Data integration (Point to Point, ETL etc)
• Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of best practices and standards for BI development
• Hands-on experience in cloud data platforms such as SAP DWC/Datasphere, AWS and Databricks is strongly preferred
• SAP BW/4HANA 2, HANA 2.0
• S/4HANA 1909
• SAP Datasphere (DWC, DI)
• SAP Fiori 2.0
• BW Query on S4
• BI Platform - Tableau
Sr. SAP Data Engineer, GST 07/18/23
• Data Virtualization - Denodo
• Data Integration (SAP Data Services, Dell Boomi)
• SQL (Ansi, PLSQL, Analytics)
• Data Modeling (BW, HANA, ABAP CDS)
• Cloud Experience with PaaS, DBaaS
• Team Performance management Tools (TFS, JIRA)
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
• Manages complexity in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems
• Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even the face of obstacles and setbacks
• Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
• A problem-solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
• A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
• Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority
• Strong capability to provide Business Insight
• Strong ability to influence organization stakeholders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Certifications specific to SAP BI/BW/HANA are a strong advantage.
Valid Driver’s License Required.