ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused search firm in the U.S. market and our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged to recruit and hire several SAP BI, ETL, and BOBJ roles for the same corporate client (3 Positions).
NOTE: These are Virtual, Work-from-Home, corporate opportunities for a global client. We prefer Sr. SAP BI experts that are U.S. based and living in Eastern or Central Time Zone. We are interviewing in September for offers in September - Oct start dates!
The Data and Analytics Architect is key role within our client's Data & Analytics organization, serving as liaison between the analytics power community and the IT organization. The role enables data architecture to meet information requirements that align technological solutions with business strategies. This role analyzes, designs, develops, deploys, and supports ETL and data modeling for business functions, including commercial, financial, and operations. The incumbent will engage with business power-users to explore data and analytical requirements, design data models, define data mapping, and perform ETL development to support business cases and proposed projects.
- 40% Maintain changes and provide updates to the data integration architecture, data model, data mapping, and metadata/data dictionary
- 30% Deliver ETL solutions for new data integration requests
- 30% Deliver SLA of ETL production operations including on-call duty
The Data and Analytics Architect is an individual contributor and will be responsible as a corporate ETL developer, to support daily ETL production processes, resolve issues, and respond to new data integration requests. The role will also support the overall architecture, gather requirements, perform data modeling, and deliver data and analytics solutions. The Architect will make updates to the data dictionary, capture metadata additions and changes and ensure data quality.
- Production support: Maintains prescribed service level agreements and addresses production issues in a timely manner to avoid business impact
- Supervises data solution change control management for the data lake, including data change impact analysis, metadata management, and business stewardship networking
- Influences BI Engineers to build a solid data infrastructure, underpinning enterprise-scale BI analytics and reporting platforms
- Facilitates the adoption of analytics among stakeholder groups across the company; completes agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business functional area(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
- Gathers business requirements into data specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to logical and technical data models, data mapping and metadata
- Performs modeling tasks related to data profiling, data analysis, data quality, and metadata management
- Experience working with SAP ECC and strong understanding of Sales, Billing, COPA, General Ledger, Service Orders and Production orders processes and tables
- Hands-on development skills maintaining an ETL architecture, primarily using SAP BusinessObjects Data Services (BOBJ)
- Keywords: Chicago, Midwest, PA, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, OH, Ohio, Cleveland, NC, FL, GA, TX, MO, Eastcoast, SAP, BI, BW, LO Cockpit, BOBJ, KPI, Reporting, DSS, Data Modeling, Xcelsius dashboards, Web Intelligence, Dashboard Designer, BEX, Tableau, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics / Math / Computer Science / Business Information / Business Administration is required, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience developing data warehousing, data integration, and/or big data processes with a thorough understanding of both Inmon and Kimball methodologies, as well as thorough knowledge of data model techniques using Erwin.
- Functional/technical proficiency with at least 2+ full life cycle SAP BODS, EDW, HANA, Metadata Management implementations
- Experience working with data architects/modelers and other ETL developers to assist with designing optimal data structures to support BI, reporting, dashboards and analytical datasets
- Experience with change management procedures, deployment of database changes
- Ability to focus on details and ability to identify root cause for data anomalies and data quality issues
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Solid understanding and application of following technical skills:
- SAP BusinessObjects Data Services
- SAP HANA
- SAP ECC or S/4 Data Model
- EDW, Data Lake and Big Data analytic environments and architecture
- Multidimension Modeling
- SQL Language
- Additional helpful knowledge / experience:
- SAP System Landscape Transformation (SLT)
- SAP BusinessObjects Information Design Tool (IDT)
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- SAP BW
- SAP S/4 HANA
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally; work hours may vary at times in support of global locations