ASAP Talent Services is a SAP Focused search firm and we've been engaged by a global manufacturing client to help recruit & hire a SAP Basis Technical Lead to their team in the Pittsburgh, PA Area. This is a full-time employee role (not a contractor role) and ther person must be authorized to work for any company in the U.S. (for example US Green Card Holder or US Citizen).
Job Title: SAP Basis Lead
The Corporate SAP BASIS Lead will be responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of our enterprise SAP systems in a Unix/Oracle and MS SQL RDBMS environment. He/she must have advanced experience with core SAP ECC modules, BI/BW, business objects, and other core enterprise applications related to SAP and ERP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of SAP-based systems, including application installations, upgrades and system backups
- Implement SAP Support Packs, and kernel upgrades
- Complete system refreshes and client copies
- Support for all phases of testing (system test, performance test, user acceptance, simulated cutover)
- Support during technical cutovers and code promotion at end of each project release.
- Work closely with the user base to evaluate performance and impact to production systems
- Ensures safety and privacy of business data and systems
- Work on projects related to this discipline, including the creation of project plans and proposals
- Root Cause Analysis and Incident Response Guidance:
- Available during system outages on a 7x24 basis to consult on best and most expedient approach for immediate resolution
- Collect and analyze post-mortem failure data to prevent issue recurrence
- Develop procedures to prevent outages
- Design and specify system monitoring techniques to provide proactive protection against incidents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 6 - 8 years of experience in SAP Basis area with updated knowledge on of SAP NetWeaver suite such as ECC, BW, Portals (ESS/MSS), SCM, PI, etc.
- Installation and planning of SAP landscapes in a Unix/Oracle or Microsoft environment
- SAP implementation/support experience on any Virtualized environment
- Experience in analyzing and tuning performance issues
- Experience resolving ABAP short dumps and update errors
- Hands on experience with CCMS monitoring and reporting
- Advanced knowledge/experience with the SAP Change and Transport system
- Hands on experience in upgrades to Enhancement Packs on NetWeaver ABAP & Java stack systems.
- Hands on experience with client copies
- Hands-on experience installing OS on virtualized systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with SAP BI and Business Objects systems
- Basic knowledge of how SAP integrates with other systems through SAP Process Integration (PI)
- Establishing and maintaining storage management and disaster recovery planning
- Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager functionality and tools
- Intermediate knowledge of network systems and data communications
- Upgrade experience from previous SAP releases to latest NetWeaver versions
- Database administrator experience with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server (RDBMS)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and good communication skills
- Good documentation and grammatical skills including drafting, editing and maintaining technical documentation
- Must be service oriented and reliable, providing consistent follow-through
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, manage time and multi-task in a high-interrupt environment
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.