ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused search firm in North America. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a client in Kansas City to help recruit & hire a Lead SAP Basis Architect & Manager. This is a full-time role and the client is willing to help with relocation if needed.
This position is responsible for the architecture design of the company's ERP systems, manages the installation, upgrade and support of all components of the SAP Infrastructure and ensures the SAP based systems operate reliably and efficiently in a secure environment. This position assists with the configuration and maintenance of High Availability and Disaster Recover SAP solutions. This position is responsible for delivering services, procedures and processes that are considered value added, measurable, directly tied to business unit's objectives and aimed at increasing employee success and satisfaction. This position is responsible for managing the SAP Basis Application Managed Services resources as well as contract resources supporting on-going implementation projects.
Works on a variety of issues where analysis requires evaluation of multiple factors, including business objectives and trends. Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges within a functional area; defines department’s operating standards. Translates the business unit’s vision into plans and guides execution. Plans and prioritizes work to meet department commitments aligned with company goals and financial responsibilities. Manages the progress toward stated goals and execution of corporate policy. Manages professional teams comprised of individual contributors and/or supervisors. Participates in the interview and selection process, provides training and mentorship, offers career development guidance, and is engaged in performance management. Provides timely and constructive coaching and feedback; develops staff and provides challenging opportunities. Reports to a people leader at a higher career level.
- Exemplifies the corporate Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders
- Working Knowledge Policies and Procedures
- Possesses broad technical skills and business knowledge regarding the Basis and Infrastructure needed to support SAP.
- Provides leadership, vision, communication and practicality for decision-making for the SAP Infrastructure related requirements.
- Strategic Thinking
- Has direct responsibility for Basis and SAP Infrastructure strategic planning.
- Consults with IT and Business Leadership teams to set strategic direction and operating plans for Enterprise Systems.
- Interprets industry trends, customer requirements, and business objectives to define guidelines/methods across multiple geographies for the Information Technology function.
- Decisions are independently executed and limited by the objectives/guidelines of the business
- Implements information technology principles and standards which are in alignment with the overall information technology strategy and policy & procedures.
- Complexity of Business and Technology
- Creates solutions for highly complex and multi-faceted problems, which require ingenuity, creativity, innovation, strong analytical skills, and significant interpretation of data.
- Manages a team of on-shore and off-shore resources who are responsible for custom development needed to support business requirements.
- Thinking and Decision Making
- Applies expert knowledge and extensive experience to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex and diverse problems.
- Leads the development and implementation of improvements and/or solutions to work processes and tools in support of business and strategic plans.
- Reports regularly to management on key milestones and critical business initiatives.
- Handles non-routine and difficult inquiries where the solution is not immediately apparent.
- Applies knowledge of different techniques and practices to achieve desired results. Utilizes resources across work areas, departments and businesses to create solutions.
- Financial and Resource responsibility
- Proactively manages approved project budgets.
- Leverages resources to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
- Makes recommendations that impact how financial resources are generated or spent.
- Leading and Influencing People/Coaching and Supervising Others
- Typically, provides direct supervision to experienced and lower-level managers which include objective setting, performance management, and motivating, as well as training and coaching.
- Manages Application Managed Services resources as well as contract resources for on-going projects.
- Partners with Application Managed Service providers for delivering support for corporate SAP systems.
- Personal Effectiveness Interactions/Communications
- Communicates with functional leaders, business leaders, direct subordinates, and external partners on the highest level.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job-related major field of study
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant SAP Basis and Infrastructure experience, including leading and managing projects or programs with outcome focused deliverables, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years of IT leadership experience of an SAP Basis team supporting the implementation and on-going production support for a multi-national enterprise
- Successful implementation experience leveraging SAP’s Activate methodology
- Excellent communication and interaction skills
- Five (5) years of hands-on SAP S/4 HANA implementation experience.
- SAP Cloud platform solution adoption and integration
- Experience implementing High Availability and Disaster solutions
- Implementation and support of SAP systems in a Hyper-scaler environment, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Implementation and upgrade experience with S/4HANA 1909
- Experience leveraging middleware solutions like Mulesoft
- Implementation experience implementing SAP in Mexico
- Mobile computing implementation experience
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
- Demonstrated project management experience managing implementations of new enterprise-wide technology initiatives.
- Experience with components SAP ECC, PI, Solution Manager, eSourcing, BOBJ BW, GRC, Work Manager, Fiori, Personas, SMP, SAP Analytics Cloud, Ariba, Concur, Success Factors.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, network, and operating systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Deep knowledge of SAP system installations and administration, as well as deep understanding of the SAP architecture and multiple application modules, particularly strong SAP NetWeaver platform knowledge.
- Extensive experience with systems’ monitoring, job scheduling, system configuration, authorizations, transports, SAP database tools, SAP Landscape, and client administration such as copies, deletions, and refreshes.
- Experience with the following tools: Solution Manager; Technical Monitoring, ChaRM, SAML2, SAP Gateway, SAP LVM & PCA, SAP Root Cause Analyzer.
- Hands-on Automation experience of some of the routine BASIS activities
- Experience in Maintaining SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Ability to support SAP application consultants and SAP users.
- Experience with two or more full implementation cycles.
- Integration experience with SAP Process Orchestration (PO), SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI)
- Certifications and Licensures
- Preferred Certifications & Licensures
- SAP Netweaver Certification
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Spanish speaking (nice to have)
This position has a regular full-time schedule with a normal workweek of Monday through Friday. There may be a need for occasional work after hours or weekends.
This position may require minimal travel up to 10% of the time.