ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in the US market and our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a corporate client in Virginia to help recruit & hire a Sr. SAP Basis Administrator! This role can be home-office-based, virtual with limited travel to client HQ.
Our client has over 250+ locations and has been in business for over 25 years! They offer an extensive benefits package that includes a generous amount of paid time off, paid holidays, a great 401k match, and low premium medical coverage. If you have the desire to grow and work with industry-leading professionals, this is the place for you!
This position is responsible for administering the technical monitoring, support, and administration of the SAP / NetWeaver system landscape including ECC 6.0, CRM, Enterprise Portal, Fiori Launchpad, Solution Manager, Process Integration, Business Warehouse, Business Objects (BOBJ), Landscape Management (Lama), BPC, GRC and other SAP components.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong customer service and organizational skills
- Assist in managing the SAP infrastructure, with focus on SAP operations running on MS SQL Server, Windows Server, and VMware.
- Work with functional analysts to evaluate SAP security changes (GRC) and perform the required changes on user roles in accordance with SOX compliance.
- Execute daily operational activities related to the SAP environment including; object transports, setup/configuration, operational SAP monitoring, error handling, performance/tuning, client/system refreshes, and problem determination/resolution
- Evaluate, install, configure and deploy SAP applications, systems software, products and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise
- Provide direction and assistance to functional and technical teams in support of SAP operations
- Support performance tuning/proactive monitoring of SAP systems
- Support Hardware/Software upgrades and maintenance on Microsoft Windows Servers and other platforms
- Provide 24 x 7 response as well as evening and weekend hours when necessary
- Proactively assist others. Step in and help when and as needed
- Execute special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for presenting information and responding to questions from individuals or groups, coworkers, vendors, clients and customers
- Ability to interface with internal non-IT customers and clearly communicate complex ideas in non-technical terms
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to collect data, and create and analyze reports to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to prioritize and manage commitments and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Attendance and reliability is extremely important in this position
- Customer Focus – Establish and maintain effective customer relationships. Seek to understand customer needs and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Accountability – Follow through on commitments. Take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Collaboration – Cooperate with others to achieve shared objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well as one’s own.
- Instill Trust – Show consistency in word and action. Treat others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast-paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task-at-hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error-free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and all other applicable laws, policies and procedures. Immediately reports all concerns to the appropriate party.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive SAP Basis Administrator experience
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Knowledge necessary to perform standard daily support of SAP environments (ECC, BW, EP, PI, SolMan, etc.) to advanced troubleshooting of system performance problems, tuning, applying support packs/enhancement packs, release upgrades or potential system installations.
- Extensive background in supporting ABAP, Java, and Dual-Stack instances.
- Windows Server and MS SQL Server experience a strong plus (not a hard requirement).
KeyWords: VA, Virginia, Richmond, SAP Basis, Virtual, Remote, Work-from-home, FTE, Corporate, Backup, Recovery, Upgrade, Install, Landscape Design, SQL Server, RDBMS, Hardware Sizing, 24x7 support, Basis Administrator.