ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP-focused executive search firm in the U.S. and our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a global end-client to help recruit & hire a Sr. SAP Basis Administrator. This is a full-time employee opportunity for a corporation - NOT a consulting firm.
This is an ideal opportunity for a 5-8 yr SAP Basis Admin that is seeking a work-from-home, virtual home-office opportunity on the East Coast. Our client is HQ in Pennsylvania and prefers people on the East Coast or Great Lakes Regions of the US.
This Sr Basis Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems. The position evaluates and designs interfaces between SAP and external Systems, maintains the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and is responsible for migration management of SAP database and application configuration into production.
- Installs and configures all required SAP database servers and application servers.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for hardware, virtual environment, operating system, databases, and interfaces with other systems.
- Implements an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability. Ensures SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Administers SAP database instances, the configuration and management of SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances, and the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS).
- Monitors all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Completes maintenance of multiple SAP instances within the SAP environment (sandbox, development, test, pre-production, production).
- Provides on-going day-to-day problem resolution, troubleshooting, and support for the SAP systems and assists users with problems.
- Distributes, monitors, and manages the SAP user and background job workload.
- Performs SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client).
- Writes and maintains technical specifications and documentation. Ensures the completion of system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Consults with business representatives to gather information about needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements from technical perspective.
- Partners with the PMO team, participate in project request assessments to maintain enterprise-wide applications alignment. Provides status reports for projects to management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field
- 6+ years progressive experience in SAP Basis administration
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Prior experience in manufacturing or professional services industries preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment with personnel located internationally and of diverse cultural backgrounds
- SAP Basis knowledge of Enterprise Architecture.
- General knowledge of SAP:
- ECC/ERP, S/4 HANA
- SBOP (BOBJ, BO DS)
- SAP PO (Java Stack)
- SAP GRC
- SAP GW
- Cloud Solutions: Concur, Ariba, SF
- General knowledge of DB for SAP:
- IBM DB2 for LUW
- SAP HANA
- MS SQL Server, RDBMS etc.
- General knowledge of OS:
- Windows Server
Keywords: PA, Pennsylvania, OH, Ohio, Eastcoast, WV, VA, Virginia, Maryland, MD, KY, Kentucky, TN, Tennessee, NC, North Carolina, SC, South Carolina, MI, Michigan, Chicago, IL, Illinois, IN, Indiana, SAP Basis, Basis Administrator, Home Office, Virtual, Work from Home.