ASAP Talent Services is recruiting to help a client in WI hire a talented SAP Applications Manager. This is a FTE role and a perfect fit for someone in either WI or MN that can perform in a FTE hybrid role from home with some travel to their offices in Western WI. Someone living in Madison, WI or Twin Cities, MN could be a great possibility (as well as Milwaukee, or anywhere in WI).
This is a FTE role for a company (not a consulting firm). The role leads/magages the functional SAP team in areas such as FI, CO, MM, PP, SD, HCM, Ariba, and Successfactors in a S/4 HANA environment.
Summary of Role
The Enterprise Applications Systems Manager leads the IT Application Systems Analyst team and is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the cooperative’s systems by providing production and project support for company's business critical enterprise applications. They will be part of a team that will design, deliver and sustain solutions that support the strategic objectives and vision of the business and maximizes the benefit of the company investments. This role provides functional and technical guidance throughout all stages of the application’s lifecycle, and will bring expert experience in implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and optimizing functionality of within the end-to-end business processes and assigned functional areas of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the IT Application Systems Analyst team by providing technical solutions and support for internal departments of the organization and external users.
- Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching.
- Manages and executes the team’s standard operating processes effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for analysis, technical design, system configuration, testing, maintenance, and lifecycle management of the enterprise application SAP S/4 HANA.
- Collaborate with Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) and others to define/clarify business requirements and provide configuration and development recommendations and estimations for new or enhanced functionality to facilitate process improvement.
- Collaborate with external vendors (SAP, System Integrators, and other third-party teams) during the design, configuration, testing, deployment, and support of enterprise applications.
- Responsible for supporting integrations between SAP S/4 Hana and related systems.
- Actively participate in project activities as required and assigned by providing a broad level of technical expertise and business knowledge in assigned functional area.
- Coordinate execution of project tasks in assigned functional area.
- Assist with data migration activities during implementation projects.
- Design and develop test plans, and document test cases for executing unit, integration, system, regression, and acceptance testing to ensure the solution meets the business requirements during implementations, service packs installations or upgrades.
- Provide elevated end-user support to business users of applications by identifying and resolving issues including errors, data discrepancies, and performance issues.
- Maintain relevant functional and technical support documentation that adheres to established standards to ensure streamlined support and knowledge transfer within areas of responsibility.
- Design and perform application security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the cooperative’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Adhere to all established security directives to ensure the integrity and safety of the cooperative’s applications and data.
- Assist with periodic license and financial audits of enterprise applications and data.
- Assist in creating strategies that promote standardization and optimization of processes.
- Monitor and test application performance and prepare and deliver application performance statistics and reports.
- Collaborate with server and database teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of enterprise applications to fulfill business objectives and support processes according to the support level agreements.
- Maintain technical knowledge of enterprise application components and architecture by researching and evaluating capabilities to support new or changing business strategies.
- Drive continuous improvement by remaining current with industry and technology trends and IT best practices for enterprise applications and configuration.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Information Systems required.
- 10+ years of experience with SAP’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software tool strongly preferred.
- 5+ years in a managerial role.
- Solid understanding of the SAP Activate Methodology preferred.
- Knowledge on usage of operational support tools within SAP Solution Manager (and managed systems) preferred.
- SAP certification is a plus.
- Strong technical and functional design skills as well as experience with creating repeatable processes that will support future growth with minimal customization requirements.
- Experience designing and supporting integrations between enterprise applications and knowledge of data mapping tools and procedures.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors for support issues.
- Experience translating functional specifications into technical specifications.