ASAP Talent Services is the nation's leading SAP focused search firm. We've been engaged by a privately-held company to help recruit & hire a SAP Analyst for their location in Columbus, OH. During these Covid times, the role is home-office based with very limited travel to HQ for on-boarding. As things return to normal, the role would work out of Columbus, OH offices.
We're looking for a SAP Super-User; SAP Trainer; or potentially a jr. to Mid-Level SAP Analyst with some cross-over experience in: Testing, Training, Master Data, and some basic business process knowledge in MM, PP, SD etc.
Job Title: SAP Logistics Super User, PLM/VC
Reports To: Head of SAP Competence Center
The SAP Super-User / Analyst is globally responsible for SAP PLM/VA master data management for board and paper products and processes in SCM and Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member of the global SAP Super User team and member of global MDM organization for PLM/VC material master data.
- US and Americas Regional 2nd level process support related to SAP and Qlikview/Qliksense
. • Provide timely service desk assistance to users. This includes phone coverage during normal business hours and participating in coverage for the off-hour helpdesk rotation.
- Maintain documentation according to corporate documentation concept.
- Provide training and materials to support company systems, whether newly implemented, modifications, enhancements or changes to company systems.
- Demonstrate ongoing collaboration with the Global SAP Super User Team. Work with different teams and IT partners in different parts of the world, providing strong customer support to internal clients.
- Participates and assist on global and local continuous improvement projects within company focus SAP – Process, People, Product and tools. Facilitate requirements gathering workshops/discussions.
- Comprehend and support the requirements for engineering processes and apply it to SAP projects.
- Develop functional specifications related to customization/enhancement of SAP modules and non-SAP reporting, pre-processing and adjustment tools.
- Analyze, provide alternatives and recommend solutions to the supported areas of the business. Support Corporate standards, policies and values. Identify and apply continuous improvement, lean processes for operational efficiencies, drive process integration and standardization.
- Deliver projects on-time and within the budget.
- Manage resources, set work priorities and engage in the business regularly to understand demand and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or other relevant field and/or 3 years work experience in programming field.
- Extensive application support and demonstrated experience.
- Formal SAP education and professional certification required.
- SAP ECC 6.0 experience required (PLM/VC, SD, MM, PP, LE, QM) – business process knowledge of any of the following is helpful: Procure-to-Pay (P2P), Schedule-to-Produce, Order-to-Cash (OTC), etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- On-call availability.
- Physical Abilities include: Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Travel to remote facilities as needed