ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused search firm in North America. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a Global Manufacturing company with HQ in the Greater Detroit Area - to recruit & hire a new SAP Applications Manager (S/4 HANA - new implementation!).
This is a full-time corporate role with a global company (3500+ employees), manufacturing, Product Engineering, company related to Automotive industry ...a new S/4 HANA implementation and opportunity to help lead, manage and even grow a new SAP COE working closely with very talented I.T. Executives that also have strong SAP delivery backgrounds.
The Sr. Manager SAP will lead and provide strategic business transformation using SAP S/4 HANA platform. The focus of this position is to work closely with the implementation partner, functional business leads to gain in-depth understanding of customer's business strategy, transform business processes to the proposed SAP S/4 HANA platform, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. In this role, the Sr. Manager SAP will lead and implement solutions to the business and become a SME on all aspects of the technology and software (SAP S/4 HANA) used within the organization. Core business area one should be familiar are SAP S/4 HANA Modules, Finance, AR/AP, SAP CRM, SAP Warehouse Management Systems, SAP S/4 Finance, SAP S/4 Material Management, SAP S/4 Supply Chain & Logistics, SAP S/4 eCommerce and SAP S/4 S&OP Processes
Essential Functions (primary responsibilities and accountabilities)
- SAP S/4 HANA Platform experience is a must
- Business process mapping and documentation skills for SAP S/4 Implementation
- Prior experience with SAP S/4 Platform and at least working knowledge with multiple SAP S/4 Modules (e.g. SAP Finance, SAP S/4 WMS, SAP S/4 Supply Chain & Logistics, SAP S/4 TMS, SAP S/4 CRM/eCommerce)
- Multiple SAP Implementation life cycle is a must for this role
- SAP S/4 or SAP Functional and technical prior experience is a must
- Prior experience leading SAP COE is a desirable skill for this role
- Project leadership and ownership is a must
- Experience with prior SAP S/4 implementation involving Data Migration/Data conversion is preferred
- A solid understanding of key IT trends and willingness to learn new technology
- Ability to lead more than 6-8 team members is a desirable skill for this role
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the underlying applications that run the business.
III. Other Responsibilities
- Extensive experience interacting with all levels of business users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience managing complex IT projects, specifically SAP S/4 implementation
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop, and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
- Maintain a service-oriented, customer-focused department that supports ongoing operations and drives efficiency, quality, customer service and growth.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary with the United States and internationally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science or similar. A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- 10-15 years in an IT Experience with 5-7 years in SAP or SAP S/4 HANA environment.
- Extensive work experience in manufacturing, distribution, warehouse and order processing software and hardware.
- Proven experience working directly with key stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Understanding of the SAP Implementation, administration and development languages ( e.g. ABAP, BASIS, etc.)
- A holistic understanding of the entire business lifecycle, including Sales, Marketing, Order Entry, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Distribution
- Experience and proven ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with internal and external business customers, IT stakeholders, and executive leadership.
- An energetic, hands-on, enthusiastic, results-oriented leader, capable of adding significant value to the existing leadership team. Prior experience of working with SAP, S/4 HANA, SAP Supply Chain, Cloud, SAP eCommerce & SAP Warehouse Management System will be a plus point.
- Experience in process definition and control definitions based on industry best practices.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have ability to work the time necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.
- % Travel Required (Approximate): 5-10%