ASAP Talent Services is one of the leading SAP focused executive search firms in the U.S. Our recruiting team also helps our clients in other areas of IT Recruitment like Cyber Security, BI, CRM, Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure. We've been engaged by a global client to help recruit & hire 2 IT Systems Engineers.
1. VMWare Engineer with Specialization in the Linux
2. Network Engineer with Experience in Cisco and Checkpoint solutions. (see more detail below)
Target Compensation: $100-$110k base + bonus & great total package with full benefits.
We are looking for a highly motivated IT Systems Engineer to join our Americas IT Infrastructure team. The position will be based out of Columbia, MD and will delivery primary support in maintaining our Americas Data Center Infrastructure while providing follow-the-sun support to global IT infrastructure. This position offers a fantastic growth and learning opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing global team that supports the company's critical IT systems and infrastructure components.
IT Systems Engineer
- Primary support as IT systems administrator in maintaining Server, Storage and Network Infrastructure within the Americas region.
- Provide complete operational life-cycle and project-based support for the Americas Infrastructure.
- Participate in 24x7 follow-the-sun operating model along with Munich and Asian region teams to support global infrastructure.
- Create and maintain SOPs, reference standards, architecture diagrams and other supporting documents as required.
- Continue to identify and implement regular operational activities that can be automated and or transitioned to Level 1 support after adequate documentation and knowledge transfer for swift issue resolution and better customer experience.
- As part of a larger team, maintain Infrastructure that meets and beats the established OLAs on both availability and performance.
- Follow established ITSM standards while resolving incidents, problems & service requests and while making changes to Infrastructure.
- Continuously assess the technology and service risk within Americas Infrastructure and make improvements to mitigate those risks.
- Work independently, within a team environment to achieve business objectives.
- Minimum Domestic and International travel would be required
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, technology or other pertinent areas of study; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 3 to 5 years of 24*7operational experience working on production infrastructure is required – on-call support
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in minimum of 5 of the following technology domains:
- Windows Server Administration including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/DFS
- RedHat Linux Server administration – RHEL 6 and above
- Hypervisor – Vsphere (ESXi, Vcenter)
- Cisco networking – Switches, Routers & Wireless
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Storage –HPE 3PAR, MSA
- Backup and Replication –VEEAM
- Hands-on experience or good understanding of the below technology areas would be highly desired:
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Web Proxy
- SilverpeakWAN Accelerators or equivalent
- Load Balancers
- Monitoring tools –SolarWinds, Splunkor equivalent
- DataCenter components – HVAC, Power etc.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience handling simultaneous high-priority issues
- Working experience in handling tasks that are project-based and operational
- Demonstrable experience in creating quality SOPs and architecture documents
- Experience in working in different time-zones & with global team would be a strong plus
- Experience in dealing directly with business users/customers and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be a United States Citizen with the ability to pass a background screening