ASAP Talent Services has been retained by an industry-leading retail organization with HQ in Inland Empire / San Bernadino / Rancho Cucamonga / Ontario Area in Eastern Los Angles, CA (California)!
We're recruiting to hire a talented Director, Software Engineering. Our client is a fast-growing retail organization - growing organically and through acquisitions. Currently, the client is privately held and PE-backed but could go through a future IPO!
Leadership: This role reports to a VP and directly leads/manages a team of 6-8 FTE
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Director of Software Engineering with a strong focus on integrations to lead our software engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the engineering and operational aspects of our product, with a particular emphasis on integrating our software solutions with various external systems and platforms in the retail industry (C-Stores, Grocery, or other Brick and Mortar Retail). The Director of Software Engineering will ensure the team delivers high-quality, scalable, and efficient solutions, while continuously enhancing the team's technical and professional growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance throughout the software development lifecycle for next-generation applications, platforms, and services in the retail industry.
- Establish and communicate a strategic plan for budget, resources, and tools to support the business and product evolution.
- Develop and implement learning plans to grow the team professionally and technically.
- Foster an environment of innovation and collaboration, encouraging the team to share ideas and learnings.
- Define and monitor metrics to measure the team's ability to deliver on business and service level objectives, and use these metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Hands-on leader who will work closely with the team to anticipate and remove impediments or blockers
- Invest in developing emotional intelligence components within the team, including self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
- Drive automation efforts across the team for repeatability, scale, and efficiency.
- Mentor and manage Agile Scrum teams distributed across geographical areas and time zones.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- 8+ years of prior software engineering management or Lead Developer experience.
- 5+ years of prior software engineering/development experience with large-scale enterprise applications.
- 2+ years of prior experience with software engineering in any cloud platform (Azure or AWS).
- 5+ years of prior experience managing teams distributed across geographical areas and time zones.
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise.
- Significant experience managing and implementing business applications, integrations, and infrastructure (e.g., Microsoft D365, NCR Retalix HQ & Encor, WMS Systems, EDI, Cloud-based Supply Chain software)
- Proven track record of delivering objectives on time and within budget.
- Experience with IT Sarbanes Oxley compliance (SOX, IT Audit)
- Understanding of data management and administration including information flow and business process
- Owning quality assurance process for all development projects ensuring that all deliverables are provided and executed with excellence.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and delivering state-of-the-art solutions
- Continually tracking project progress and proactively communicating status
- Hands-on expertise with writing APIs, and development using applicable programming software in a .Net environment
- Solution-oriented with a deep understanding of the software development life cycle and be able to manage the entire software development process, from planning and analysis to deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to manage onshore & offshore resources and may require hands-on development when necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and all organizational levels.
- Keywords: Sharepoint, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Object Oriented, Java, API, ERP, BI, EDW, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, SDLC, Software Testing, DR Testing, RUP, MS Azure, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years' experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years' experience in product management or related area.