ASAP Talent Services is the nations leading SAP Focused Executive Search Firm. We've been engaged by a global leader and manufacturing client to help recruit & hire an IT Executive to head up one of their Enterprise Business Applications Globally from the HQ in Pittsburgh, PA. Our client runs SAP for their core ERP system and we'd like an IT Exec with strengths in SAP, Business Applications and some breadth as well so they can lead all areas of Biz Apps including Non-SAP Apps across multiple lines of business all over the world. Experience in Manufacturing is a must as well.
Total Package Compensation is highly competitive and includes annual bonus targets, Long-term incentives, and more. Expect qualified candidates to currently be in the $150-$175k base range with bonuses and other comp totaling over $200k+.
Primary Location: Pittsburgh, PA Area
- SAP Experience REQUIRED
- Manufacturing Experience REQUIRED
- Must be physically located in the United States and authorized to work for any company in U.S.
- Should be willing to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA and travel internationally as needed
Basic Function of the Job
Senior IT leadership position responsible for the development and implementation of internal shared business applications platforms that enable common, scalable, global, best practice-based business processes including financial, order processing, production/inventory, and supply chain management. Partners with business management to lead the analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of systems. Provides IT leadership to business process design and optimization projects and to associated business systems implementation and optimization programs. This role drives the entire application lifecycle, to include selection, design, development, implementation, optimization, maintenance, and retirement. The incumbent leads and oversees the day-to-day tasks of several teams of managers, analysts, developers, and is responsible to
- provide overall strategic leadership for key shared ERP applications delivered from all shared application centers of excellence;
- oversee the planning and execution of SAP ERP projects through the ERP project group(s);
- direct the implementation and rollout of ERP and new modules/upgrades;
- oversee major continuous improvement programs and upgrades;
- ensure the delivery of support, enhancement, and optimization projects for the existing global user base through the application support group.
Serves a global user base across the company for all functional areas of the business.
Collaborates with the global IT leadership team to ensure the effective use of information and communication technologies to enable the company’s strategy, utilizing architectures consistent with industry standards.
The incumbent is a member of the global IT leadership team and is expected to demonstrate and promote company's Worldwide Values.
Organizational Relationships Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology Direct Reports: Manager, Application Support Project Manager, ERP Manager, Programming & Development Project Leaders, Business Process Owners, Senior and Systems Analysts
- 15+ years of experience leading an IT organization for an enterprise or significant subsidiary
- 10 years of management experience
- 5 years of Project Management
- Project Management Certification
- Executive presence; strong communication skills; and sound decision-making capablities; understands and balances business and technical issues in decision making; proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, to make decisions and broadly communicate the decision process and logic to stakeholders.
- Strong business process knowledge; able to analyze, understand, and translate business requirements into technical solutions and effectively communicate this to the business and technical professionals.
- Experience with a broad set of technologies, solutions, and processes in the areas of business applications lifecycle management and systems development lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of the successful implementation and ongoing support of SAP ERP (ECC 6.0) for a global manufacturing operation (Multi-Continent / Multi-Country)
- Ability to anticipate and handle multiple priorities and complex issues involving external and internal priorities
- Able to identify and assess alternatives, make decisions and communicate the process and logic. Understands and balances business and technical issues in decision making;
- Demonstrated project planning, management, and documentation skills; ability to problem-solve, and prioritize tasks. Experience in systems project management and business systems implementation in a global manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to hire, manage, lead, and motivate a team of technical professionals; demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others;
- Proficient in identifying project and resource requirements, work structures, risks, and business impact.
- Culturally sensitive - values diversity, able to understand and cooperate with other team members from different cultures;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and information users Executive presence;
- Must be collaborative, facilitative, team-oriented, self-motivated and Results oriented
- Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross-cultural, global team environment.
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership and competency.
- Financial Management – participates in budget development, approving and monitoring spending, contract management
- Willing to travel (domestic and international) and participate in international conference calls during non-business hours to accomodate international divisions and customers/clients.
Building, Developing, and Managing a Successful Team: Customer Focus; Establishing Strategic Direction; Leadership: planning and Organizing; Problem Solving, Decision Making, and Continuous Improvement; Professional and Technical Knowledge and Skills; Results Oriented; Teamwork and Conflict Measurement.
- Corporate Information Systems Strategy (20%)
- Collaborate with executive management and key process owners to develop and drive the overall core system business application architecture and business systems roadmap.
- Develop and execute plans to address corporate business information needs, aligned to the objectives of the business organization.
2) Business Systems Planning, Implementation and Optimization ( 25%)
- Partner with management in developing proposals, assessing expected business value, and monitoring benefits realization.
- Lead the implementation and ongoing support for IT-provided solutions using the SAP platform. Oversee implementation development (ASAP methodology, ABAP etc), and system interfaces (API, etc)
- Direct and manage quality solutions (1) to satisfy business requirements measured by end-user satisfaction, improved processes and effective information, and (2) based upon architecture consistent with industry standards and corporate direction
- Utilize sound methodologies in documenting requirements converting data, developing and integrating systems, developing and executing system testing to ensure software quality, developing and delivering appropriate training and providing post-implementation support.
- Effectively transfer knowledge from the ERP Project Team to the impacted employees and the post-implementation support team.
- Provide full life cycle support for integrated, on-premise, related business applications (e.g., SAP, ERP, Kronos Labor Collection, Vertex Tax, MES, Business Workflow, etc), in-house developed solutions (quality tracking, labeling, SODA), and legacy ERP systems (Visual ERP, PointMan ERP, etc). Manage shared development resources.
3) Project Management (25%)
- Oversee project management of key systems-driven business initiatives. Provide input to the identification and prioritization of key projects and improvements.
- Provide leadership and support to the business operations in defining and implementing process improvements and supporting information and communication technologies. Lead business process design, implementation, and optimization initiatives.
- Participate in business change management initiatives associated with systems implementations. Drive organizational acceptance of change through coaching and influencing others on the merits of improvement programs. Facilitates acceptance, organizational learning, and change adoption through communications, validation, and training.
- Lead projects, from concept through development, execution, and realization. Ensure the consistent and complete use of sound, complete and repeatable project methods. Promote the use of project management techniques within and across the IT and business organizations.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage multiple concurrent department activities and projects. Drive timely completion of milestones and programs and realization of expected benefits.
4) Service Delivery (10%)
- Manages the user support function for the division/site. Provide the focal point on all I.T. services provided to users at the division. Independently leads the delivery and support of local services, collaborates with Corporate Information Technology on the delivery and the support of global services.
- Provides timely support and service in accordance with department standards. Frequent/appropriate communication to user/help desk management and team members as to the current status of problems/issues. Update documentation following resolution of incidents.
- Develops and adheres to department procedures consistent with legal and statutory requirements as well as with industry best practices. Establish II-VI best practices and promote their adoption.
- Ensures project teams adhere to service standards and comply with all control requirements.
- Promotes collaboration between the business process owners; applications, infrastructure, security, and administration personnel, consultants, vendors, and software providers around the delivery and support of a quality SAP platform.
5) Relationship Management (10%)
- Team Leadership: Provide Leadership to project teams as required. Promote a collaborative working relationship between the IT professionals/management across all sites, focused upon providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Internal Relationships: Maintain effective business relationships with key business stakeholders. Build effective interpersonal relationships with the IT staff and business management. Work with business users to align IT strategies and programs to achieve business goals.
- External Relationships: Manage vendor relationships for outside partners providing technologies and services. Participate in the selection of critical outside partners, coordinate projects and deliverables, and continually monitor performance. Assess the capabilities, contract terms, compliance, and service levels of strategic providers.
- Compliance: Ensure staff adheres to department standards and complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Communications: Communicate plans, risks, expectations and the appropriate activities, status, programs, issues and metrics to executive management, business management, IT team members and key partners.
- Financial Management: Develop and manage departmental and project related budgets
6) Supervision, Management and Leadership (10%)
- Lead, coach and develop information systems professionals and Teams.
- Ensure your team is staffed, motivated, inspired, engaged and empowered to deliver a high and sustainable performance level in an ever-changing environment at a cost level the organization can sustain and reflects market realities.
- Ensure you have the right people in the right jobs, by consistently using the ‘Selecting the Best’ interview and selection techniques and methodologies throughout your organization.
- Continuously develop staff members through training, networking, and on the job exposure to business and technical challenges Ensure a learning environment is in place and your team is trained and developed to consistently achieve your organization’s expectations in both the short and long terms.
- Provide timely performance reviews and frequent performance feedback. Ensure the ESGP is fully operating with meaningful stretch goals for all employees in your organization, that feedback is ongoing and focused on development and done with 100% On-Time Delivery.
- Ensure a free flow of 2 way information for your organization to work effectively and communication channels are active and open.
- Ensure an accident-free environment by following all EH&S policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, safe and orderly environment, openly endorsing, and creating an attitude that all accidents are preventable within your sphere of influence.
- Ensure the spirit and intent of all employment laws and regulations, policies and procedures and local HR policies and procedures are understood and complied with in your area.
- Ensure you Live our Values every day and establish an environment where all others do.
Keywords: Pittsburgh, PA, NJ, New Jersey, OH, Cleveland, Ohio, SAP, ERP, Manufacturing, Hi-Tech, Semi-Conductor, ITAR Regulated, Electronics, MBA, PMP, PMI, Divisional CIO, VP of IT, Vice President, IT Director, Information Technology, MES, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Shop Floor, COE, PMO, Enterprise Applications, Hyperion, Salesforce, Successfactors, Workday, Business Objects, etc.