ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in the U.S. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a client in Pittsburgh, PA to recruit & hire a Director, Enterprise Applications to head up their Non-SAP apps. This is a full-time corporate role.
This role will develop, maintain and leverage a global service delivery organization, institute ITIL best practices to deliver a suite of services with commercial catalog SLA, maintain a roadmap of system & process improvements to progressively deliver higher value from the assets, as well as provide governance & council to the IT & LoB leadership to realize best practice economies. The individual must also understand supporting systems and organizational plus compliance requirements across multiple global geographies.
- Responsible for all aspects of Non-SAP business applications including development, upkeep, and enhancement to existing applications.
- Establish commercially relevant application KPIs to deliver global application service.
- Drive statement of partnership projects, ensuring they meet customers' needs and are operationally sound. Partner with the PMO team, participate in project request assessments to maintain enterprise-wide applications alignment. Provide estimates (cost, duration) for enterprise application projects.
- Design or re-engineer recognized “best practices” business systems that properly and efficiently utilize the existing portfolio of applications and IT resources that provide a common business practice for use throughout Matthews International.
- Build and maintain the 1-3 year application improvement roadmap for all enterprise Non-SAP applications, including Salesforce and eCommerce tools.
- Analyze industry, technology and market trends to introduce art-of-the-possible IT capabilities to the enterprise as enterprise value levers.
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Develop and manage client relationships at a senior management level, within the business unit, to ensure client satisfaction and the development of efficient business systems.
- Provide weekly communication forums for the exchange of ideas and information with the IT department.
- Participate in the Governance committee to establish IT standards, approve deviations and/or new requests.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of employees (s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management or other business-related fields
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 10+ years progressive leading and managing various application groups experience; the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years in a leadership role
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and/or eCommerce tool.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.