ASAP Talent Services is recruiting on behalf of an industry-leading SaaS - Software Company with HQ in Austin, TX to help recruit a talented Contract & Proposal Writing Specialist. This is a Full-Time Employee opportunity and open to hybrid for someone living in or near Austin, San Antonio, Hill Country of Texas.
Location: Austin, TX
Experience: 4+ years of relevant experience handling contractual and proposal writing matters. Any experience with SaaS, Software or Technology contracts within public sector is considered a nice-to-have.
Our client is America’s leading enterprise SaaS provider for Capital Planning and Construction Project Management solutions. Their products help public sector agencies plan and deliver over $400 billion worth of capital infrastructure projects and realize up to 5% savings. These are multi-million-dollar projects that typically span six-months to two-years. Our client performs the entire planning, configuration, and delivery of its enterprise software solutions. Their customers include state agencies, airports, large cities and counties, and major transit authorities who spend anywhere from $15K to $3M per year with our client.
As a Contract Specialist, you will assist in various legal and contract-related activities, ranging from ensuring compliance with Freedom of Information request obligations, analyzing RFX contract requirements and terms and conditions, and delivering eloquent, professional, intelligent recommendations to fellow employees on legal matters. You will be a source of legal knowledge within the company to ensure compliance with relevant laws as they apply to corporate business practices and policies.
- Respond to information requests under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), particularly noting areas deemed confidential and researching the associated legal assertions.
- Analyze contract requirements provided in RFX solicitations and provide an assessment of the overall risk and high-level concerns as they pertain to the company.
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage the review of contract requirements for RFX response submissions. This includes acting as a legal liaison with outside legal counsel.
- Draft and execute various legal documents, including agreements, contracts, letters, statements, amendments, etc.
- Ensure all mutually executed documents are stored and documented properly.
- Assist with contract negotiations when prompted. This task will vary and can include providing examples of contract language, providing explanations, and assessing the risk and acceptability of the proposed alternate language.
- Serve as a trusted advisor for legal opinions, advice, etc.
- Annually review and update legal documents to ensure consistency with current laws and business practices.
- Maintain an understanding of contract vehicles in which the company participates, such as GSA.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience managing contractual matters. Technology or SaaS business background a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field; and/or paralegal certification or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
- Must be able to assert influence and work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to easily communicate complex legal ideas or concepts.
- Expert with task management, time management, presentations, and written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional critical thinker and able to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines while juggling competing priorities.
- Strong work ethic with a goal-oriented focus as well as flexibility to take on new areas of responsibilities.
- The position will be a hybrid role based out of the Austin, TX office.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a Contract Administrator or Contract Specialist in a technology or SaaS business.
- Experience with applications such as DocuSign and Salesforce.
Keywords: Austin, TX, Texas, Paralegal, SLED, Contract Negotiation, Writing, RFP, RFX, Proposal Writing, FOIA, Open Records Request, Compliance, Legal, Bid, Non-Bid, Upselling, City, State, County, Public Sector, Federal, SaaS, Software, Tech, Technology, Terms & Conditions, Redlining, liaison to external 3rd party legal counsel, Risk Assessment.