ASAP Talent Services is seeking a Sr. ABAP Developer for a global client. This is a full-time employee role for a corporation and the role can be virtual / home-office.
Ideal locations for this role are anyone in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone (Midwest or East Coast).
The Sr Analyst – ABAP Developer works directly with the SAP COE team and business users to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and align technology solutions with business strategies. This role plans, designs, develops, and launches efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. Gathers and analyzes data in support of business cases, proposes projects and systems requirements, develops / delivers the solution, and possesses an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities.
- Develops innovations and solutions and tests code based on technical requirements and best practices
- Understands technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge
- Provides day-to-day problem resolution and support for SAP systems and users
- Creates system design proposals and participates in buy versus build decisions
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas
- Documents the global process template in the existing SAP environment; maintains data standards necessary to facilitate SAP enabled process effectiveness
- Troubleshoots system failures and implements remedial actions
- Responsible for adhering to IT Applications change management processes, including tracking and confirming changes throughout the landscape
- Additional duties as assigned
- Participate in Code Reviews based upon corporate development standards and other governance-related processes
- Participate in performance tuning and of the production system
- Lead production “outage” troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years progressive SAP development experience with a functional understanding of business processes
- Ability to work multiple initiatives simultaneously and effectively communicate with users
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC 6.0, S4 HANA, Fiori, Ariba CIG experience, SAP Smart Forms and Adobe Interactive Forms
- SAP POPI Proxy experience.
- Periodic travel may be required
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Knowledge of IT governance, operations, security practices, and audit compliance
- English language competency