This is a fully-remote role. The Remote Sr Mgr Hosting will own, plan, direct and coordinate the build and run operations of Hosting for a global manufacturing client with US Headquarters. They will own all Hosting activities for Enterprise Infrastructure and be accountable for delivering Hosting to agreed service levels. This position will manage all key suppliers, contractors and employees (10-15 direct reports) responsible for the provision and maintenance of Hosting, and drive the implementation of projects, upgrades and continuous improvement for Hosting according to the technology strategy and roadmaps to ensure they meet the changing demands of the business.
• Manage Hosting and Cross-Functional Services including storage backup, server hosting, physical database support, operating system patching, firmware updates, and middleware.
• Manage Application Services including messaging (email, spam control, spam filtering, messaging services), Citrix and the active directory; VMware, MS Azure, Google Cloud, and strategic planning related to Data Center consolidation efforts; Hardware Refresh, VMS, etc.
• Own delivery and management of all Hosting to support the business globally.
• Direct the implementation of Hosting plans, tactical operation planning, and the development of contingency operation plans for Hosting.
• Drive the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and processes for Hosting operations.
• Drive the proactive management of the performance and capacity requirements of Hosting with vendors and internal teams.
• Work with vendors to oversee the health of the Hosting systems and hardware required to meet current business requirements, providing input and guiding the debate around where to invest, where to divest and replace .
• Lead the development of requisitions, bids, and specifications, and the negotiation, administration, and evaluation of contracts for equipment and services.
• Direct reactive and proactive maintenance planning for Hosting to eliminate causes of service disruption and potential loss of revenue to Matthews the business.
• Own the day-to-day operations, implementation and support of Hosting to support business requirements and applications.
• Maintain a global view of Hosting to ensure that services provided by third-party vendors meet all relevant SLA and customer satisfaction requirements.
• Oversee provision of maintenance, repairs and upgrades of Hosting resources through third-party vendors.
• Lead, manage and co-ordinate global teams that provide service and support for all Hosting across the company globally.
• Ensure the provision of adequate support to resolve problems that may affect the meeting of agreed service level targets for Hosting.
• Accountable for the technical resolution of incidents and problems and their underlying causes for Hosting, ensuring effective co-ordination with Service Delivery and other teams as required to ensure resolution.
• Direct the activities of the second and third-line support functions (which may lie with external service providers).
• Direct the management of service requests and business requirements for Hosting (demand management).
• Direct the planning and delivery of infrastructure development and build projects for Hosting.
• Drive the release planning and deployment of new Hosting.
• Ensure the development and maintenance of system architecture and operational documentation in conjunction with third-party Hosting vendors,
• Ensure Hosting operations are compliant with technology and security standards, strategies and roadmaps, liaising with Strategy and Architecture and Security and Compliance.
• Operate contracts and manage day-to-day relationships with tier-1 Hosting service providers.
• Ensure performance and service level reviews are conducted with vendors and direct initiatives to address Hosting service issues.
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives for Hosting with tier-1 vendors.
• Own the budget, financial planning and total cost of ownership (TCO) for Hosting operations.
• Manage Hosting project plans and costs; approve the invoice components for services provided by third-party Hosting vendors.
• Manage local and remote working teams overseas, cultural differences, and split time-zones to ensure positive interactions.
• Extensive experience managing large Hosting operations, service providers, and staff on a global scale.
• Extensive experience in supplier management and negotiation.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or related field
• Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
• 10+ years progressive Hosting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 8+ years in a leadership role; leading & managing teams over 10+ for a global enterprise
• Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
• Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.