ASAP Talent Services is the leading SAP Focused Search Firm in the U.S. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been engaged by a corporate client to help recruit & hire a Sr. Manager, HRIS. This is a home-office virtual role for the time being in the MD/VA/DC greater area. After the pandemic, this role may go more into the office which is in the D.C. Area.
We're seeking a talented Sr. SAP HRIS Manager with broad expertise in Successfactors, S/4 HANA, Cloud, and demonstrated experience leading teams of 5-10+ focused on supporting HRIS in a complex SAP environment. This role does come with a very strong total-package, base + bonus, and very good (above average) total benefits.
Profile: - 8+ years in SAP with strong focus on SAP HR & SuccessFactors; 3+ years in a SAP HR Manager level capacity. SAP Cloud Integration, S/4 HANA, Time (Kronos), Payroll, etc.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Senior Manager, IT Systems Design & Development (HRIS – SAP/Successfactors), owns one or more IT processes within one functional area. The position manages services provided to one or more internal and external customer(s). The Senior Manager works on multiple projects as a technical delivery team owner, and sometimes as a project leader while managing matrixed resources. Responsible for systems analysis, design development, integration enhancement, maintenance and support. Senior Managers within the Systems Design & Development job family work closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards. Sr. Managers IT, Systems Design & Development are involved in the Full Systems Development Life Cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond the development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations.
• Provides subject matter expertise (SME), while managing across diverse teams owns deliverables, manage to deadlines, communicates across teams.
• Responsible for aligning information technology planning with the business strategy. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Works with business partners to understand business needs.
• Leads and participates in an IT advisory board(s) to manage IT services demand. Duties include communicating needs and priorities and providing feedback on pricing and investment.
• Provides input to business technology planning within their functional area. Implements solutions consistent with the architecture.
• Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
• Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers. Measures service performance and implements improvements as needed.
• Manages the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships. Owns the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed.
• Participates in the development of IT budgets. Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
• Develops and implements technologies to improve the performance of multiple business processes and increase profitability.
• Participates and provides input to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) development process. Ensure internal SLA's are met.
• Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
• Reviews service provider performance. Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
• Provides subject matter expertise (SME), while managing across diverse teams. Owns deliverables, manages to deadlines, communicates across teams.
• Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses. Discuss work progress and obstacles. Provides advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback. Ensures work, information ideas, and technology flow freely among the section.
• Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Documents and presents performance assessments. Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance. Implements organizational practices for staffing, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, performance management, development, reward, recognition and retention.
• Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required. Ensure staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives. Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
• Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change. Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
• Collaborate with IT partners (Enterprise Architectural Team, Solution Architectural Team, Application Development Team) regarding the upgrade and development of HR systems
• Drive the development and effective use of HR cloud Technologies to deliver efficient business processes, management information and analysis and maximize functionality
• Develop and implement best practices for HR transformation using industry-leading HR technologies to deliver effective business functions and capabilities
• Lead projects by developing and implementing a flexible change management methodology/ framework for the delivery of projects, working closely with IT for integration into the existing IT change management process
• Plan and develop Hire to Retire IT product strategy and Technology Roadmap
• Experience with leveraging standard software modeling techniques to describe system design; designing components; utilization of existing system components that are leveraged by multiple applications; and leveraging capabilities of environment.
• Works with technical staff to understand and resolve Tier 3 level application issues. Additional tasks include creation of optimization programs to resolve problems and development of prototypes for proof of concept activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in related technical/business areas with 9+ years relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
• 9 years of relevant experience managing development projects with corporate systems and Hire-to-Retire.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with software development
• 5+ years of proven track record of progressively providing technical and project leadership to deliver enterprise scale systems.
• Strong Agile delivery experience.
• Proven experience with API’s, Devops and lean development practices.
• Strong expertise in SAP ECC – HR, Payroll and Time, SAP PI, SAP Cloud Integration, HANA, Solution manager, Redwood, GRC, Fiori
• Experience in implementation of cloud technologies such as SAP SuccessFactors, Kronos within employee Lifecyle management (Core HR, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and development, Total rewards, HR Compliance, and reporting)
• Life Cycle experience in migrating on-prem assets to cloud.
• Understanding for SAP programing languages such as ABAP, WebDynpro ABAP, UI5, integration adaptors (HTTP, SOAP, REST, ABAP PROXY, IDOcs, OData.
• May require knowledge of one processes/services. Business experience should include assignments in one or more business and technical processes.
• Technical and/or ITIL, or equivalent Certifications.
• Requires experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
• Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
• Highly motivated, organized, and able to support multiple high paced initiatives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Master’s Degree in technical/business or equivalent
• 11+ years relevant work experience preferred
• Has delivered multiple projects using Agile scrum methodology
• Experience working in large complex companies that heavily rely on real-time 24x7 IT operations to successfully service external customers
• Have utilized Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Atlassian tools such as JIRA, HPALM and Confluence
• Experience working in real-time 24x7 IT environments
• Domain knowledge of transportation systems
• SuccessFactors certifications
• PMP and Agile Scrum certified
KeyWords: SAP Human Resources, HR, HRIS, HCM, S/4 HANA, SuccessFactors, Washington D.C. Metro, Maryland, Virginia, MD, VA, Virtual, Home Office, Leadership, Management.