ASAP Talent Services is the nation's leading SAP Focused Search Firm. Our SAP Recruiting Team has been placing IT Leadership roles with large, global, and Fortune 500 businesses that run SAP for around 20 years and look forward to helping you accelerate your career! We've been engaged by a global leader, in the fields of electronic test equipment, avionics, broadcast & media, cybersecurity, Radio Equipment & Communications. The company provides products for customers in the broadcast & media industries, cybersecurity, wireless communications, and electronics industry, aerospace and defense, homeland security and critical infrastructures.
LOCATION of Role: Columbia, MD (about half-way between Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD)
Relocation Assistance - YES, Negotiable.
The Manager of IT Infrastructure for the Americas Region is responsible for the operation, enhancements, and projects for IT Infrastructure in the Americans region, which includes locations in North, Central, and South America. Besides ensuring that SLAs are maintained for the IT infrastructure (e.g. IT Network and Data Centers) in the region, the manager is responsible for the strategic alignment of regional requirements with the corporate IT infrastructure strategy. Responsibilities include building up and maintaining Global Support structures that ensure the Corporate IT environment can be executed on a 24x7x365 basis. Additionally, the Manager has overall responsibility for the IT Service Desk function in the region and assures strategic and operational alignment with the Corporate service desk. The Manager leads the regional IT Infrastructure staff to accomplish these goals.
- Provides leadership in the area of Global Support coordinating with peers in Munich and Singapore, leading internal Americas Regional team to provide 24x7 for Network, Security and Data Center operations for the World Wide Infrastructure.
WAN Network Operation & Security
- Maintains Network operations to the agreed upon SLA levels for the WAN within the Americas region.
- Supports the Munich Corporate Infrastructure team in maintaining the worldwide WAN via the Global Support program, providing incident resolution and operating support from the US to supplementing the operations efforts by the Munich and Asian based resources to provide a 24x7 operating network.
- Manages the service providers for WAN Network, including MPLS vendors, to ensure SLAs and deliver value for spend in the Americas Region.
- Manages the project to expand the SolarWind global network monitoring tool into the Americas. Utilizes the network monitoring tool to alarm and react to network defects on a global basis. Makes monitoring data available to the rest of world enterprise-wide.
- Ensures the Americas Regional Infrastructure team monitors the network for security vulnerability, maintains security patches for all regional hardware and software, and reacts quickly and decisively to any security breaches.
Americas Region Messaging and Communications
- Maintains MS Exchange server operations and MS Outlook & Skype solutions to the agreed upon SLA levels within the Americas region.
- Ensures the Americas Infrastructure team maintains the Exchange system to the global corporate standards, maintain and upgrading servers per the company's global design standards.
- Supports the European Corporate Infrastructure team in maintaining the worldwide Messaging Platform via the Global Support program, providing incident resolution and operating support from the US to supplementing the operations efforts by the German and Asian based resources to provide a 24x7 operating email and instant messaging service.
- Manages the service providers for Telephone systems to ensure SLAs and deliver value for spend in the Americas Region.
Americas Region Data Centers
- Maintains Data Center operations to the agreed upon SLA levels for each server within the Americas region.
- Ensures the Americas Infrastructure team maintains the Data Centers to the global standards maintain and upgrading servers per the standards, maintains security patch levels per corporate standards.
- Supports the German Corporate Infrastructure team in maintaining the worldwide Data Center Operations via the Global Support program, providing incident resolution and operating support from the US. This support will supplement the operations efforts by the German and Asian based resources to provide 24x7 operations in all Data Centers, worldwide.
Asset Management Oversight
- Leads the Service Desk Manager to maintain IT assets in the region.
- Ensure the North American PC and other assets are maintained and refreshed for a 3-year lifecycle, with all PC operating under warranty and with latest OS and security patches.
- Published an Asset Management plan with budgeted costs and upgrade metrics for each FY, aligned with annual budget process.
Service Desk Responsibility
Service Desk Oversight
- Leads the Manager to Service Desk to follow processes and maintain SLAs for Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Orders and Change requests.
- The IT Service Desk monitors incoming Incidents in the IT Help Desk Application (ITSM System) for the Americas Region Infrastructure team, and resolves Level 1 and Level 2 incidents to the maximum extent possible with the goal of completing 75% of all tickets within 8-hour period.
- The Support Specialist ensures the completion of Change Requests, requested by RSNA users, and Approved and Prioritized by the CRM Sales Change Control Board.
Incident Analysis and Reporting
- Monitors all Americas Regional IT InfrastructureIncidents for quality and timely completion.
- Ensures completion of Monthly incident reporting, preparing excel pivot tables and status charts from ITSM data downloads.
- Contributes with local experience gaining to the overall completion of a global knowledge base for 1st level resolution
Department Expense Management
- Manager has full responsibility to maintain Infrastructure Department expenses at or below budget. Prepare annual Budget Plan, obtain Budget Approval, and manage expenses per the Approved Plan.
- Manage the IT Department Expense review and cost transfer process.
- Schedule monthly meetings with IT Director and Finance Department.
- Ensure RSA Controlling team produces Cost Center reports for Infrastructure team both before and after month end close process.
- Conduct monthly review prior to each month end close reviewing actual costs for accuracy and driving required accounting adjustments.
- Once monthly close is completed, verify the accuracy of the cost transfer invoice to Munich. Produce trend chart of Personnel, Non-Personnel, and Secondary costs compared with budget for each cost center on a monthly basis.
- Prepare quarterly metrics for the IT Balanced Score Card report and other Leadership Meetings.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy of incoming IT costs from Corporate to the Regional Affiliates.
- Responsible for all HR functions for the infrastructure team.
- Responsible to complete annual goal setting and performance review process for team.
- Responsible for onboarding of new Infrastructure personnel
- Trains Americas IT personnel in basic ITIL methodologies
- Trains Americas IT personnel in effective Infrastructure practices
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business, or other pertinent areas of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 Years of experience in IT Infrastructure Operations for Network, Data Center, and Service Desk management.
- 5 Years of management experience leading IT Infrastructure Operations for Network, Data Center, and Service Desk teams.
- Expertise in the oversight of Service Desks teams using ITIL methodologies
- Experience working in Global Teams with Matrix Management Structures
Preferred but not required:
- Multi-Lingual in English and German ITIL Certifications
- KeyWords: VA, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, DC, MD, Maryland, Cloud, SAP, LAN, WAN, ITIL, Enterprise Architecture, Data Center, IT Systems Consolidation, IT Help Desk, Server, VPN, Security, MCSE, CCNA, CCIE, Cisco, CISSP, etc.