ASAP Talent Services is the Top SAP Focused search firm in the U.S. and our SAP Recruiting Team has been placing SAP Professionals with over 60 of the world's leading companies for 18 years. We've been engaged by a global client to help recruit & hire an SAP Security Lead Architect and a Sr./Lead SAP Security Analyst (2 roles open). One position can be home-office in any city (US only) with travel as needed. The 2nd position needs to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA (full-time corporate role). If you are a tenured SAP Security Expert - we'd like to speak with you.
The Global SAP Enterprise Architect for SAP Security is responsible for providing strategic direction for the creation, development, execution, and leadership of all aspects of SAP Security. He/she will be responsible for designing and implementing an SAP Security vision and strategy that aligns with Global SAP team goals and objectives.
This lead position requires the ability to develop effective global teams, manage multiple initiatives, build/maintain strong business relationships, and facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key cross-functional business stakeholders. The individual must understand supporting systems and organizational compliance requirements across multiple geographies globally. This lead position requires expert-level, hands-on ability in their area of practice and the ability to coordinate and oversee resources, both internal and external.
The SAP Architect will design and implement new roles, review and adjudicate security-related audit findings, and re-engineer global business processes, among other duties.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, building, and operating their area of responsibility while considering the entire SAP landscape.
- Design or re-engineer recognized “best practices” business processes that properly and efficiently utilize the existing SAP functionality & resources that provide a common business practice for use throughout the company globally.
- Maintain SAP Security responsibility by understanding upkeep/enhancement requirements and designing changes to the existing solution.
- Drives statement of partnership projects, ensuring they meet customers' needs and are operationally sound - Partner with the PMO team, participate in project request assessments to maintain enterprise-wide applications alignment.
- Provide thought leadership and hands-on support to the Master data governance process within their area of SAP responsibility.
- This position will direct the efforts of a global services delivery that leverages long-term growth for the company. This position will direct and support an organization that is a combination of internal employees and multiple partnerships with global systems vendors.
- Provide on-going day-to-day problem resolution, support, and training for the SAP systems to the user departments throughout the global enterprise
- Configure and document the global process template in the existing SAP environment. Maintain data standards necessary to facilitate SAP enabled process effectiveness
- Analyze industry, technology and market trends to introduce art-of-the-possible SAP capabilities to the enterprise
- Act as a systems engineer with the SAP Security architecture, optimizing the technical environment to meet emerging business need
- Introduce industry relevant best practices and act as trusted advisor to the leadership team regarding enterprise value improvement opportunities
- Design or re-engineer recognized “best practices” that properly and efficiently utilize the SAP system and IT resources that provide a common business practice.
- Viewed internally and externally as an SAP Security expert (GRC) and critical talent in maximizing leverage of IT assets
- Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent
- SAP ECC 6 EHP 5 or above - NW 7.02
- SAP BW 7.5 SP05 or above
- SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1
- SLT SAP NETWEAVER 7.5
- SAP GRC implementation experience and a good understanding of SAP GRC Access control & Process control modules and other GRC tools
- Familiarity with SAP ECC processes, including SAP BW HANA
- Expert understanding of User and Role administration and Role Administration
- Clear understanding of SAP Architecture & Integration points
- Deep understanding of SAP Security best practices
- Understanding of latest tools and technologies, including SAP Netweaver Identity Management, Mobile solutions, and Cloud solution
- Compliance, regulatory requirements, e.g., Sarbanes Oxley (SOX Compliance), COSO, COBIT, PCI-DSS, HIPAA requirements, as well as internal and external audit requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 10+ years progressive experience in analysis, design, configuration and project management
- 5+ years in a lead role (direct or indirect)
- Prior team lead/supervisory experience
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Prior experience in manufacturing or professional services industries is required
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment with personnel located internationally and of diverse cultural backgrounds that may or may not be direct reports.
- Demonstrated experience managing external vendors for mutually beneficial relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of IT governance, operations, security practices, and audit compliance.
- Master SAP Security and good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and the integration of multiple applications & other SAP Functional Areas.
- General knowledge of SAP ECC, BW/BObj, BPC, Process Orchestration, SuccessFactors, Concur and SAP overall technology landscape
- SAP experience required as a functional user, Project manager or consultant – In Particular experience integrating legacy applications into an SAP landscape